Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Acid Cigars
Hick727 05:43 PM 02-16-2010
Has anybody here tried them? Which one is your favorite? I havent smoked a cigar yet but i plan on a Acid one being my first. Also, if i like them and buy a box of them i will most likely only smoke one every week or two. So i want a humidor that will let them last a long time. Whats a good humidor for Acid cigars?
:-)
[Reply]
jerseystepup 05:47 PM 02-16-2010
Theyre definatly not my cup of tea... im not into the "flavor infusion" or whatever it is... any humidor will do, but you dont want to mix infused/flavored sticks with regular sticks... so make sure before committing and filling your humidor that these type of smokes are the way you want to go... good luck!

Oh and check out the new inmate section of the forum and introduce yourself.
[Reply]
Hick727 05:53 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by jerseystepup:
Theyre definatly not my cup of tea... im not into the "flavor infusion" or whatever it is... any humidor will do, but you dont want to mix infused/flavored sticks with regular sticks... so make sure before committing and filling your humidor that these type of smokes are the way you want to go... good luck!

Oh and check out the new inmate section of the forum and introduce yourself.
Whats flavor infusion? Can i mix two different kinds of flavor infusion cigars or do they both have to have their own humidor?
:-)
[Reply]
mad4maduro 05:54 PM 02-16-2010
ummm.....what he said. I'm not a flavor smoke kinda guy but whatever you do..NEVER store them with non flavoreds. In fact...IMO if you get a humidor and store Acids in it...that humi is forever reserved for flavor infused sticks! Once the humi has hosted these cigars, the humi itself becomes "infused"

Just curious...what made you decide on Acid for a first smoke?
[Reply]
Chris. 05:57 PM 02-16-2010
I've had an Acid helix remix. Wasn't bad. If you want flavor infused, I recommend something by Drew Estate.
[Reply]
bobarian 05:58 PM 02-16-2010
Acids are very popular and many smokers first cigar. Here is a nice sampler from CI. http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...tem=SP-AIMISC5
I would store them in a tupperware or a snaplock type container. This is probably the cheapest way to store cigars. :-)
[Reply]
AD720 06:00 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Acids are very popular and many smokers first cigar. Here is a nice sampler from CI. http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...tem=SP-AIMISC5
I would store them in a tupperware or a snaplock type container. This is probably the cheapest way to store cigars. :-)
:-) Bob is wise. A rubbermaid will store Acids just as well as a wooden humi and will resist becoming infused with the flavor.
[Reply]
Hick727 06:00 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by mad4maduro:
ummm.....what he said. I'm not a flavor smoke kinda guy but whatever you do..NEVER store them with non flavoreds. In fact...IMO if you get a humidor and store Acids in it...that humi is forever reserved for flavor infused sticks! Once the humi has hosted these cigars, the humi itself becomes "infused"

Just curious...what made you decide on Acid for a first smoke?
My dads friend :-)
[Reply]
Hick727 06:01 PM 02-16-2010
Thanks for the advice Sir.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 06:05 PM 02-16-2010
You won't find a lot of fans of Acid cigars here. We try not to be cigar snobs here, but most of us just plain don't like them. They are basically cigars that use cheap tobacco and cover it up with perfumes and incense. Nothing wrong with smoking them if that is what you like, but before committing to buy many of them, try a few, and then try a few non-infused cigars.

Welcome!
[Reply]
Hick727 06:07 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:
You won't find a lot of fans of Acid cigars here. We try not to be cigar snobs here, but most of us just plain don't like them. They are basically cigars that use cheap tobacco and cover it up with perfumes and incense. Nothing wrong with smoking them if that is what you like, but before committing to buy many of them, try a few, and then try a few non-infused cigars.

Welcome!
Thanks for the advice. What are some good quality non-infused cigars for first timers?
[Reply]
longknocker 06:10 PM 02-16-2010
:-):-)
[Reply]
longknocker 06:12 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by Hick727:
Thanks for the advice. What are some good quality non-infused cigars for first timers?
Padron 2000 or 3000 series! Great Cigars At Reasonable Prices.:-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:16 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by Hick727:
Some excellent reading/suggestions posted here
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26245
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23626
[Reply]
neoflex 06:17 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I've had an Acid helix remix. Wasn't bad. If you want flavor infused, I recommend something by Drew Estate.
Seriously not trying to be that guy :-) but Acid is a brand of Drew Estates. Hick I think Chris was referring to trying something like the Java or the Natural line which are a lot more tolerable to those of us that don't enjoy flavored cigars when compared to Acids.
I say try them and maybe do some reading here to see what others like and find yourself a couple nice mild non-flavored smokes to try also. Everyone has to start somewhere so we will not stone you for smoking flavored cigars. When I was still living in NY and was a fireman on Long Island my guilty pleasure was smoking Backwoods during Brush season when I knew we would be at a brush fire in the woods all day. Never wanted to bring a premium along when burning brush smoke was around most of the time so they were great for the situation. Your just starting and part of the fun is trying different things to find what you like. I've been smoking for many years now and still love to try new sticks whenever possible. Like others said, just be sure to keep your flavored and non-flavored smokes separated. Welcome to the board and enjoy the journey.
[Reply]
Chris. 06:20 PM 02-16-2010
LOL, guess my mind slipped off for a drink when I posted that. Thanks for the correction and you definitely picked up on what I was aiming for.

Try an Isla Del Sol as one of your first as well, if you want a good flavor infused stick. The IDS was my first box purchase. I smoked half and sold the rest except like 2. I still have one. It's almost 2 years old now. :-) I look forward to smoking it one day actually. I rarely smoke a flavored cigar anymore. Just got turned off on them after having so many good non infused ones.
[Reply]
G G 06:21 PM 02-16-2010
I have never had an acid.
[Reply]
big a 06:24 PM 02-16-2010
Acids are an interesting cigar. I loved them when I started smoking but after I smoke 20 cigars before having another, they had lost all their appeal to me. I still like to smoke an occasional acid when I'm doing something out doors like golfing. Other than that I tend to lean toward other sticks. Acids should only be kept with other acids. Since you are new start of with tupperware container like bobarian said. Than make up your mind from there as to what you would like to store them in. I ended up getting a 25ct humidor to keep mine separated from the cigars in my vino so I didn't mix the flavors. Got some beads and i check it weekly and add water when needed. Very easy to take care of.

And just remember, smoke what YOU like.
[Reply]
jaydub13 06:26 PM 02-16-2010
I've had one, and I wasnt about to try that again. Just not my thing, but a whole lot of people love them. I would recommend trying a nice mild-medium non-flavored cigar soon though. Tobacco has enough wonderful flavors on its own, you really should take one for a spin. Maybe the La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial?
[Reply]
T.G 09:28 PM 02-16-2010
Originally Posted by Sauer Grapes:

Welcome!

It's unfortunate that some manufacturers do actually practice that method of flavored cigar blending/creation, thankfully, Drew Estates, the makers of the ACID line, is not one of them.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up