Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Good Eats>best barbecue sauce- out of the bottle?
BigFrank 09:39 AM 10-25-2009
I enjoy me some Longhorn, only thing sold around here I can find without a ton of garbage in it.
[Reply]
newcigarz 10:00 AM 10-25-2009
Stubbs
[Reply]
68TriShield 10:35 AM 10-25-2009
snkbyt sauce :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:36 AM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by alona007:
Sweet baby rays all the way

Sweet Baby Rays is Really good!
[Reply]
Slavac 11:02 AM 10-25-2009
Stubbs is the best hands down.
[Reply]
newcigarz 11:02 AM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
snkbyt sauce :-)
Just got my bottle on Friday, I may have to change my answer. :-)
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:06 AM 10-25-2009
Salt Lick's BBQ sauces are great for brisket.
[Reply]
captain53 11:16 AM 10-25-2009
Living in Austin and working 2 blocks from Stubbs for many years I am amazed at all the Stubbs votes as well as other Austin sauces (Rudys and Salt Lick - both very good). For those who like Really Hot Wings (seriously very very hot) try Stubbs Wing Sauce if you can get it. FYI - their bb'q is terrible! I did see Merle Haggard there live one time long ago: It stuck with me as "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink":-)

I would like to find a good North Carolina Vinegar Sauce in a bottle if someone knows of one, hard to beat on pork.
[Reply]
Slavac 01:04 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Living in Austin and working 2 blocks from Stubbs for many years I am amazed at all the Stubbs votes as well as other Austin sauces (Rudys and Salt Lick - both very good). For those who like Really Hot Wings (seriously very very hot) try Stubbs Wing Sauce if you can get it. FYI - their bb'q is terrible! I did see Merle Haggard there live one time long ago: It stuck with me as "I Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink":-)

I would like to find a good North Carolina Vinegar Sauce in a bottle if someone knows of one, hard to beat on pork.
I lived off of Slaughter LN for 2 years. Stubbs BBQ was horrendous. Their sauce? I almost threw a riot when the local grocer stopped carrying it here.

Have you tried their marinades?
[Reply]
s15driftking 01:06 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by captain53:
Living in Austin.
AUSTIN... AUSTIN!!! ...i cant really remember their sause.. But Rudy's Barbecue (restraunt) is amazing!!!
[Reply]
captain53 01:19 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by Slavac:
I lived off of Slaughter LN for 2 years. Stubbs BBQ was horrendous. Their sauce? I almost threw a riot when the local grocer stopped carrying it here.

Have you tried their marinades?
The only Stubb's I use is the wing sauce they call Original Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce, just wish they had a version not quite so hot, actually they do offer a hotter version though. I like hot but this stuff is over the top. Be glad to drop you off some sauce on one of my STL trips if you need it.:-)

Yes, they probably have the worst bb'q in Central TX. The sauces are actually made by somebody for them.
[Reply]
joeobx 04:01 PM 10-25-2009
:-) Stubbs, Sticky Fingers, Bulls Eye ( on chicken). But with a smoker I like just a good rub and a good wood (Mesquite's my fav)
[Reply]
s15driftking 04:37 PM 10-25-2009
Originally Posted by joeobx:
:-) Stubbs, Sticky Fingers, Bulls Eye ( on chicken). But with a smoker I like just a good rub and a good wood (Mesquite's my fav)

a childhood favorite of mine, very spicy and tangy!!!
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up