Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Davidoff Nicaragua diadema
borndead1 09:49 PM 11-25-2015
Got this as a gift from a cigar snob friend who only smokes high end (and high price) cigars.

WOW...what a smoke. And I'm not just saying that because it's a Davidoff. This is one of the best cigars I've ever had.

There's a characteristic that CCs have. The flavor is really THERE. It fills your entire mouth and lingers on the palate between draws. I'm not saying this cigar tastes Cuban. But it has that same characteristic.

All the mechanics of this cigar are perfect. Perfect burn and draw. Flavors are absolutely fantastic. Strong tobacco, what I call "baking spice", sweetness on the finish, nice bite in the nostrils.

I dared to look up the price. About $18 a stick. :-)

I can't do it. Haha.

I take that back. If I win the lottery or find some money laying in the street, I'd buy a box. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:16 PM 11-25-2015
Sounds like you really enjoyed it! You might try looking online for them, when I started smoking there were a couple Davidoff cigars I really liked but at the local B&M they were like 22 a stick, I found them online for about 10 a stick, don't forget we pay incredibly high taxes on cigars in CA.

Unless you mean you already looked online and they were 18 a stick, then just ignore all of my reply except for the bit about you really enjoying it. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Mr.Maduro 06:24 AM 11-26-2015
These were always awesome cigars. I've had some of the 100th anniversary diademas that were truly amazing. Worth the extra coin when it comes to these. The millennium Blend did not move me at all.
[Reply]
Tio Gato 07:28 AM 11-26-2015
I bought a box of robustos when they first came out. Smoked one and thought I had wasted my money. BUT after many months of napping they have turned into a fantastic cigar. They're so good I don't wanna smoke one. Dumb I know. Glad you're enjoying it. Try their Millennium PC. I think you'll like that one.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 09:41 AM 11-26-2015
Had to read your review as that cigar looks amazing and Davidoff do make some fine suave cigars. A vitola like that must be good in a Davidoff blend is what I am getting at. Glad you liked it. Been interested to try one as I like smoking a Diadema; a real treat.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:44 AM 11-26-2015
Originally Posted by Tio Gato:
I bought a box of robustos when they first came out. Smoked one and thought I had wasted my money. BUT after many months of napping they have turned into a fantastic cigar. They're so good I don't wanna smoke one. Dumb I know. Glad you're enjoying it. Try their Millennium PC. I think you'll like that one.
I keep being told by the F.O.G.s that it's better to say you smoked a great cigar rather than you have a great cigar. I too hate to smoke my really really good cigars, but slowly trying to break myself of the hording habit.
[Reply]
omowasu 11:53 AM 11-26-2015
If they are smoking well now, smoke them. You don't want to leave them around for 10 years and then realize they have lost all flavor and now smoke like rolled up Chinese newspaper.

Davidoffs tend to age well though. I have some 20 year old #1s and #2s that are smoking top notch. They taste like French toast, with no bitterness whatsoever.

The Davidoff Nicaragua's are excellent cigars. Some vendors are having a black Friday sale that counts toward Davidoff purchases. PM me for more info if needed.
[Reply]
Up