Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Herrera Estelli
badbriar 09:29 AM 02-28-2015
Recently picked up a couple of this highly acclaimed cigar from DE in the 6x52 Toro size. Wrapper is light brown Ecuadorian Habano, with Nicaraguan and Honduran long fillers rolled in the entubado style. Throughout the entire cigar, the draw and burn were superb. Unfortunately, this one was underwhelming for my taste. The start was a bit rough for the first half inch or so and then it transitioned into a smoother, creamier cigar. Not a lot of flavor, which was a bit of a let down, being a DE product. IMHO, with a premium price, there are much tastier sticks out there for the same price point. YMMV - but I would say pass on this one.
[Reply]
Remo 09:32 AM 02-28-2015
Ya, not my favorite DE either, different palates different tastes, nice review.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:11 AM 02-28-2015
The lonsdale is the one to try. Cubanesque, I would say and the best DE product imo. Too bad DE screws smaller shops out of getting these, when it was the small shops that made DE.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:17 AM 03-02-2015
I was not impressed either.
[Reply]
dijit 09:17 AM 03-02-2015
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
The lonsdale is the one to try. Cubanesque, I would say and the best DE product imo. Too bad DE screws smaller shops out of getting these, when it was the small shops that made DE.
I would have to agree. I have tried a few of these and the only one that found my flavor profile was the lonsdale. All of the others even with a little age just tasted to me mild like a macanudo or similar.
[Reply]
Up