Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Bone Crusher
badbriar 09:53 AM 12-23-2014
Had a Surrogates Bone Crusher last night, sitting by the Intercoastal and enjoying out balmy 68 deg weather. :-)
L'Atellier hit a home run with this delicious stick! Dark, fat and imposing, this cigar is meant to intimidate those who would be weak in the knees at the sight of a powerhouse cigar. In truth, it is more like that big badass Lab next door that barks and threatens to eat any intruder foolish enough to come within reach. After much noise and threat display, the badass dog rolls over to have his tummy rubbed! The Bone Crusher starts a bit rough around the edges, but smooths out beautifully after the first half inch or so (the threat display). Deep, dark tobacco, expresso, bitter chocolate with a savory element darts in and out throughout the entire smoke. No way to figure out what flavor is next with this heater! Burn does get wonky, but a little moisture tames it right down. Draw's perfect and no need for re-lights. Flavor is good to the end and does not get hot! This is one cigar that just neds to be shown who is the Alpha dog! One of the tastiest cigars I've had and am searching for more as I write this. Highly recommended. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 09:57 AM 12-23-2014
Nice review Rob :-)
[Reply]
Scottw 11:53 AM 12-23-2014
I had one at a holiday party last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Great stick.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:03 PM 12-23-2014
I got a fiver of these a while back and they have been resting. It's probably about time I check on them.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:19 PM 12-23-2014
Good review of a tasty stick!
[Reply]
dijit 01:27 PM 12-23-2014
Awesome I have one in the aging cabinet now may have to partake of it over the holiday weekend
[Reply]
Weelok 03:04 PM 12-23-2014
yummy, great cigar but very hard to find. They need to release a new batch!!!!!! I have some and think I'll fire one up tonight :-) I bought a box about 6 months ago and smoked them like crack.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 03:30 PM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by Weelok:
yummy, great cigar but very hard to find. They need to release a new batch!!!!!! I have some and think I'll fire one up tonight :-) I bought a box about 6 months ago and smoked them like crack.
cigarauctioneer.com usually has this line from time to time. I haven't checked lately.
[Reply]
Stevez 04:25 PM 12-23-2014
Just bought a fiver at CI today after reading this great review. Don't think I've tried one of these, but love the profile.

L' Atelier Surrogates Bone Crusher
5-PACK

Item # C5-SUR5255
In Stock $35.50 1 $35.50
[Reply]
Ogre 04:32 PM 12-23-2014
I thought it was ok, maybe it just needed a little more rest. Will have to revisit it.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:56 PM 12-23-2014
Great review of an excellent but not often talked about stick. I love the Skull Breaker as well.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:33 PM 12-23-2014
Originally Posted by Weelok:
:-). :-). :-)

L'Atellier does their Maduro wrappers right!
[Reply]
Weelok 02:17 AM 12-28-2014
Bah now that you told me CI has them, just bought a box on Cigar.com along with a fiver of the LAT Maduro 56 and LAT Extension 2014. Sigh, I am weak but a sucker for a 20% discount and free shipping. Pictures when they arrive of course.
[Reply]
Weelok 02:39 AM 12-28-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
:-). :-). :-)

L'Atellier does their Maduro wrappers right!
L'Atellier does indeed own this brand and I was pleasantly surprised to hear above CI carrying the brand! I will still be curious to see how long before they are on back order but for now, good times :-) I have seen review sites and they seem mixed but I can say they appeal to me which is probably the best anyone can hope for hahaha. They aren't knock your socks off power houses and I think some reviewers were expecting a Viaje S&B which I don't care for as they are stronger then I like but the L'Atellier cigars are more in my spectrum. :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 09:09 AM 12-28-2014
A very nice review! Dam, now I need to pick a few up.
[Reply]
tengel78 10:18 AM 12-28-2014
Thanks for the review! I need to go pick one of these up.
[Reply]
cigarmarine 04:51 PM 12-28-2014
See what you started Rob? Now I'm ordering some. Great review:-)
[Reply]
Up