Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Good Eats>Bad eats?
spectrrr 01:36 AM 10-30-2008
oh, where to start... too many to remember!

1) marmite (and I'm American)
2) Double Zoute (Double salt licorice drops)
3) Butter, JUST butter... I could eat a whole stick of it.
4) Cows Tongue, damn I love a good Cows Tongue sandwich
5) I used to love to drink/slurp a raw egg when I was younger and we raised our own chickens.
6) Roast Beef, swiss cheese, mayo, and RELISH - not very strange, try it, you'll like it!

I hate you people... its 3:30am and now I'm starving again....
[Reply]
Cigarmark 07:37 AM 10-30-2008
When I was a kid I would roll up peanut butter and grape jelly in bologna, 3-4 roll ups between 2 slices of bread.
[Reply]
jquirit 10:04 AM 10-30-2008
Spam. People always seem to freak out over this stuff, but I just don't see why people get so up-in-arms about it. Then again, I'm also from Hawaii and it was in at least one meal a week.

Tripas and lengua. Mmm. Tripe and cow's tounge. Great in tacos. Chopped fine, thrown on a hot cooktop to warm through (or crispy up in the case of the tripe), slap em down on some corn tortillas, all a bit of chopped onions, cilantro, and some red sauce, and I'm in heaven.

:-)
[Reply]
jaycarla 12:17 PM 10-30-2008
Wow, reading this thread I feel better. I have had a lot of this stuff and people always made fun of me. It made me sad.

Peanut butter on pancakes with Maple Syrup is awesome.

The Elvis sandwich I do a little different. Don't grill it, just white bread, peanut butter, banana, and I also add mayo.

Pickled eggs, yes! Never ever waste a jar of good pickle juice again!

Dip my fries in tartar sauce, I am often ridiculed in the South for this, especially when I say what kind of "pop" do you have.

One more, bacon gravy on top of Cantaloupe.
[Reply]
Sr Mike 12:45 PM 10-30-2008
Peanut butter must be the miracle spread, I enjoy peanut butter on my pizza.
[Reply]
Demented 02:00 PM 10-30-2008
Peanut butter, sweet relish and swiss sandwich, anchovy and onion pizza.
[Reply]
last_ace 02:46 PM 10-30-2008
When I was in Germany I ate a grilled ham and cheese with pickles and mayonnaise and I still like them.
[Reply]
GrtndpwrflOZ 02:54 PM 10-30-2008
Take a Double Whopper with Cheese and batter it.
then deep fry it.
Get a Bakers cone full of white suger cream and stick it in.
Fill the Whopper with suger cream
remove Bakers cone (or whatever they're called.
then top with chocolate.
Walahhhhhh

A chocolate covered
Cream filled
Double Whopper with Cheese.

Does it get any better?
[Reply]
Demented 03:24 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by GrtndpwrflOZ:
Take a Double Whopper with Cheese and batter it.
then deep fry it.
Get a Bakers cone full of white suger cream and stick it in.
Fill the Whopper with suger cream
remove Bakers cone (or whatever they're called.
then top with chocolate.
Walahhhhhh

A chocolate covered
Cream filled
Double Whopper with Cheese.

Does it get any better?
not so long as you don't suffer from Coronary artery disease!

If we're trying for a heart attack on a stick, I'm sure we can all come up with a recipe!

Mine would be...

1 very large tortilla filled with a quarter pound pastrami, 2 quarter pound hot dogs, 3 strips of bacon, chili, hot peppers and onions, wrapped then deep fried.

By the way, chilli, hotdogs and pastrme wraped in a tortilla here in Los Angeles is called an Okie Dog!
[Reply]
csbrewfisher 03:28 PM 10-30-2008
I love Tapatio hot sauce on cottage cheese.
:-)
[Reply]
bigloo 05:02 PM 10-30-2008
I am surprised at some of the comments on the raw meat sandwich. My mom would buy fresh made all beef sausages (raw, like brats) when we were kids. Myself and my older brother sit there squeezing the raw meat out the casing and eating it raw. I never eat steak past blue, rare is too cooked for me. I cure and air-dry my own beef. Raw meat rocks! I make homemade sausage, I once weight the raw ingridients and the final sausage only to realise I has eaten 1.5 lbs of raw beef/lamb in the process. YUM! One more note, the peanut butter and meat concept sounds bad, but it does work! Think about thai food for example, lots of peanut/beef mixtures. I make a stir fry of meat, onions, ground chili and peanut butter (and some soy)---love it! :-)

But, the wierdest thing... white bread, thick butter and seasoning salt...when I was a kid. ITs time to relive my childhood this weekend!
[Reply]
hoax 05:29 PM 10-30-2008
I'm Japanese. Nuff said.

[Reply]
dadof3illinois 08:37 PM 10-30-2008
Pork and Bean sandwich. We were pretty poor when I was a kid so nothing went to waist on the farm. Fried potatos, green tomatos just about anything would make a good sandwich.

I think the cow's tongue makes a great sandwich along with the heart, both are very lean meat and you can pick them up pretty cheap.
[Reply]
jquirit 09:56 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by hoax:
I'm Japanese. Nuff said.

That ain't weird.. that'd downright tasty! Now Dinuguan, that makes some people freak out. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up