Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Sports>2016 Golf Season
sikk50 02:08 PM 03-13-2016
Golf season, for everyone not located in Southern California, is just around the corner. Anybody else getting excited? Who's be playing lately?

Looking forward to a break in the rain, I've replaced all of my woods and hybrids this month and haven't gotten to play the :-)
[Reply]
mahtofire14 11:15 PM 03-13-2016
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Golf season, for everyone not located in Southern California, is just around the corner. Anybody else getting excited? Who's be playing lately?

Looking forward to a break in the rain, I've replaced all of my woods and hybrids this month and haven't gotten to play the :-)
Haven't gotten out but the courses opened up this weekend. Must be a record up here. I've never seen them open in early March since I've lived in MN. The course that I play my league at is offering a warm up deal to league members so I will probably try and get out this week if it stays warm.
[Reply]
Gabe215 03:20 AM 03-14-2016
Weather was in the 70's last week, record highs for Philly. Def got the itch, will be hitting the range this week.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:34 AM 03-14-2016
I Play Basically Year Round In Mobile, But I Admit I Love The Warmer Weather!:-)
Played 12 Holes Yesterday In The Sun!:-)
[Reply]
tsolomon 04:56 AM 03-14-2016
The weather has warmed up here and I'm hoping to hit the range later this week. Put the clubs in the trunk, I'm ready for golf season to start.
[Reply]
yourchoice 11:25 AM 03-14-2016
I have hit the range twice and got 18 in this past weekend. Played like it was my first round of the year!
[Reply]
14holestogie 11:35 AM 03-14-2016
Played two rounds this last weekend. Courses in the area are open, but my home course may be a week or two away, which is probably just as well. The older I get, the less a 40* round appeals to me.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 12:05 PM 03-14-2016
Originally Posted by 14holestogie:
Played two rounds this last weekend. Courses in the area are open, but my home course may be a week or two away, which is probably just as well. The older I get, the less a 40* round appeals to me.
I agree with that. Going to be back around the thirties here in the Twin Cities this week. Guess I'll be waiting a little longer.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 02:41 PM 03-14-2016
I was able to get out for a round last week. It was pretty soggy. My ball got plugged a few times both on the green and the fairway. Hopefully in a few weeks everything can dry up a little bit and be nice.
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:25 PM 03-14-2016
At the range the past couple of weekends (with the boy, trying to get him involved (11)) and now that the time has changed, we'll be starting the golf league. Ready. Changed spikes in all three pairs of shoes and cleaned the bag and restocked. I didn't play in January, but have at least one round in every other winter month. December was wickedly pleasant. Had two 78s last year (lowest ever) and had a 34 on a single nine, followed up with a 44 for one of those 78s. Looking for some better stuff this year.
[Reply]
sikk50 07:26 AM 03-17-2016
I'm gunna try and play tomorrow. We'll see how I feel after a little range session
[Reply]
14holestogie 07:52 AM 03-17-2016
Home course opened on Tuesday, but the rain kept me away. Been too cool to even think about it, but we might give it a shot on Saturday if the temp gets above 40*. Got 8 people lined up, but as the weather reports come in, they're starting to drop already. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 04:18 PM 03-19-2016
Went yesterday. I had a good time by myself. Wasn't rushed by anybody behind me or slowed by anybody in front of me. It was disappointing to see that inspite of my new woods and hybrids I still suck lol. I finally broke down and ordered a lob wedge though, so that will certainly help. Controlling shots onto the green from a few yards with a PW is hit or miss for me.
[Reply]
longknocker 04:53 AM 03-22-2016
Went yesterday. I had a good time by myself. Wasn't rushed by anybody behind me or slowed by anybody in front of me. It was disappointing to see that inspite of my new woods and hybrids I still suck lol. I finally broke down and ordered a lob wedge though, so that will certainly help. Controlling shots onto the green from a few yards with a PW is hit or miss for me.
I Use My Lob Wedge More Than Any Other Club. Bought This Last Year; It's Definitely Saving Me Some Strokes In The Sand And Around The Greens!:-)
http://golf.squaretosquaremethod.com...wJ4aAoXn8P8HAQ
[Reply]
sikk50 05:17 PM 03-23-2016
This showed up today. Gunna take it out tomorrow

[Reply]
Padron42 05:59 PM 03-23-2016

Looks awesome. Bought a Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60 in December and love it.

I went out to try to get a solo round in today at 1 pm but couldn't get on the course it was so busy. I guess the good weather is bringing everyone out. Instead I got a few hours of practicing in on the range and green so probably better for my game but not as fun.
[Reply]
mahtofire14 05:18 AM 03-24-2016

It's like the Scotty Cameron of wedges......
[Reply]
yourchoice 06:53 AM 03-24-2016
My wife gave me a set of Ping I3 irons as a wedding gift 17 years ago (great gift!), and believe it or not, I never had the clubs regripped, until now. Yesterday I picked up my irons with these:

Chipped around the yard a little bit yesterday and they felt good, but the true test will come next time on the course (hopefully Saturday). Also picked up a box of last year's Bridgestone S330-S balls on sale for $30. Bridgestone's ball selector feature (https://www.bridgestonegolf.com/prod...election-guide) suggested it would be the best ball for me. We shall see!
[Reply]
Flynnster 05:18 PM 03-24-2016
Folks are living on a golf course now so I get free golf whenever I want. That plus my new job in sales will hopefully have me on the course very often this year. However right now, it's basically a mud pit so it'll be a bit until they open up.
[Reply]
sikk50 09:03 PM 03-24-2016
Went out today. Cut three strokes off but that doesn't make much difference when you suck as bad as I do lol
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 23 > Last »
Up