Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Viaje TNT
C1garfan 03:12 PM 05-20-2010
Brethren,

As a loyal patron to my B & M I am rewarded with the occasional rare or hard to find smoke for which I am grateful. My B & M happens to be a Viaje preferred account, so we get a sample from time to time. This week I am happy to report I was the lucky recipient of a Viaje TNT which is set to release in a couple weeks. This information may not be 100% accurate, but here is what I was told:

VIAJE TNT

TNT is set to release as a cigar designed specifically for July 4th. As you can see in the pics below this is evident by the cigars shape. TNT was designed to look like a stick of dynamite and may I say they have done an extraordinary job. The cigar adorns a fuse and covered foot. The cigar is 6.25” X 54, so you can expect to spend some time with this one as you enjoy the fireworks. I was told the packaging on TNT is equally as impressive. TNT will be boxed in crates of 75. Again, the boxes are supposed to resemble crates of dynamite, but I have yet to see one. Time to get to the smoke!

Upon inspection all I can say is this is one bad ass looking stick. The construction on this is top notch. The fuse is applied very well with the covered foot finishing off the illusion that this is in fact a stick of dynamite. There were no soft spots and the wrapper had noticeable oils present. I carefully clip the fuse and off we go.

I tend to take my time when lighting up a cigar with a covered foot. I make sure the foot is glowing orange before I take the first pull. I enjoy the flavor you get from the extra wrapper. This one surely doesn’t disappoint. Unfortunately I don’t know what kind of wrapper they use on TNT, but it has some peppery kick to it which I am loving.

Due to its size TNT burns slowly which is nice if you plan on spending the evening out under the stars. As I mentioned before, I get a very full flavored smoke with just enough pepper which tickles the back of the throat. This cigar is full bodied. As I approach the end of the first third the cigar performs admirably with loads of flavor and a sharp burn.

At this point I am starting to feel a bit of the nicotine buzz you can expect from a cigar this size and strength. The flavors are rich with leather and a very enjoyable nuttiness. Here is where I must leave you. I only received one of these so I’m going to kick back and enjoy. I can’t wait for Independence Day!

One quick side note: If you are new to Viaje, I suggest you give them a try. Over the last year or so they have become some of my favorite cigars with Fifty Fifty and Exclusivo leading the way. They may be hard to find due to the boutique nature of the company, but they are well worth the effort to track down. On one of the forums someone commented that you don’t hear all that much about Viaje compared to some of the other boutique cigar brands. This is a good thing. Take advantage of this before Viaje blows up and dare I say the quality suffers. Till next time.

[Reply]
kelmac07 03:16 PM 05-20-2010
Nice review...have not been disappointed with a Viaje stick yet. :-)
[Reply]
cigarlvr 03:29 PM 05-20-2010
Looks like another great one. Love those closed foot on them.
[Reply]
alwayslit 04:36 PM 05-20-2010
More crack............guess I better get my a$$ out on the street again.......LOL
[Reply]
wolfandwhisky 05:40 PM 05-20-2010
thanks for the review - great looking stick.
[Reply]
klipsch 06:26 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by alwayslit:
More crack............guess I better get my a$$ out on the street again.......LOL
I tried that route Jim. It was suggested that I stand under the Handicapped sign... :-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 06:42 PM 05-20-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
I tried that route Jim. It was suggested that I stand under the Handicapped sign... :-)
......Walt, I feel ya man......LOL
[Reply]
danreeve 08:29 PM 05-20-2010
I love Viaje, but 6.25” X 54, not sure about that
[Reply]
cigarlvr 05:43 PM 06-03-2010
Any idea on price
[Reply]
Penzip 05:56 PM 06-03-2010
wow , looks good
[Reply]
tomc3084 06:23 PM 06-03-2010
damn I cannot wait to try one of these!
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 06:29 PM 06-03-2010
They are due out before the end of June!
[Reply]
tomc3084 06:34 PM 06-03-2010
Thanks for the info Larry. I really want to get one of these for July 4th now
[Reply]
cobra03 07:55 PM 06-03-2010
The owner of my local B&m was talking to me about these the other day. He said they would probably retail for around $11 , atleast at his shop here in VA. Im hoping he decides to get them. If there half as good as the exclusivos i'll be happy. :-)
[Reply]
Ewingrules 07:50 AM 06-17-2010
Vendor I am getting then from just e-mailed me they will be $10.20 per stick. He will have multiple cases but no one person will get a whole case. They will all be broken up.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:58 AM 06-17-2010
It looks like they ripped off the idea of the DPG Firecracker. I still want one though! :-)

I am sure they will be good! :-)
[Reply]
Ewingrules 08:02 AM 06-17-2010
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
It looks like they ripped off the idea of the DPG Firecracker. I still want one though! :-)

I am sure they will be good! :-)
The Viaje Reserva is a awesome smoke. The winter blend was also great. They are also coming out with the Summer Fest cigars now.:-) Damn I forgot Skull and Bones another great cigar.
[Reply]
klipsch 08:04 AM 06-17-2010
DAMN! I thought somebody else was posting some actual input on these. I don't give a **** if these turn out to be nothing more than a 6.25" version of a Daisy Cutter. I'm grabbing a box worth!
[Reply]
maninblack 09:28 PM 06-17-2010
Damn these look and sound great! I need some good 4th of July smokes for the people I got coming over. Looks like I found it.
[Reply]
G G 09:44 PM 06-17-2010
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up