Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Tatuaje Black Label Tubo
alpha8a 02:48 PM 03-05-2010
I have yet to try the Black. I have two but haven't got to them. The Red I tried yesterday however was terrible. Kept going out and wouldn't stay lit at all.
[Reply]
madwilliamflint 06:17 PM 03-05-2010
I had one a couple weeks ago at Cigar Inn in Manhattan. I found it to be truly exceptional.
[Reply]
Sin 12:36 AM 03-07-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I'm over Tatuaje. :-)
we need more people like you so there can be more for me :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 11:55 AM 03-11-2010
Just heard from a friend in the industry that the Black Tubo's are done. They won't be produced any longer because of the problems they've had with them. Personally...I like em.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:56 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Sin:
we need more people like you so there can be more for me :-)
You can have em all, homez. I have PLENTY of better stuff to smoke. :-)
[Reply]
akumushi 12:01 PM 03-11-2010
Looks like the single I got is in for a LOOOONG nap!
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:08 PM 03-11-2010
I have one of the 3 I bought completely out of the tubo in my humi. The others just have thier caps off. Well see how their nap goes.
[Reply]
rhmalone 12:24 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
I have one of the 3 I bought completely out of the tubo in my humi. The others just have thier caps off. Well see how their nap goes.
Report back with your findings, as I'm curious if a bit of a nap is all that's needed. If that ends up being the case, I may have to give it another go around.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:14 PM 03-11-2010
I have had no problem with the couple I smoked and to me they taste like a Tat Black, same flavor profile as the others. I store all my cigars the way they come, so have them still in the tubes. Now of course the box was to big to store them in the box.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:16 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Just heard from a friend in the industry that the Black Tubo's are done. They won't be produced any longer because of the problems they've had with them. Personally...I like em.
Out of Pete Johnson's mouth "No more Tat tubos ever". He had to many issues with cracked wrappers, and then all the issues with the Dracs on top of that. He may not even do the Monster series this year.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:28 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
Out of Pete Johnson's mouth "No more Tat tubos ever". He had to many issues with cracked wrappers, and then all the issues with the Dracs on top of that. He may not even do the Monster series this year.
[Reply]
SkinsFanLarry 09:58 AM 03-12-2010
I picked up a box of the Black Tubos last Friday (3/5) at the Tatuaje Event at Drapers in DC.

No cracked wrappers on any of them, exactly I opened the box on Monday (3/8) and I'm smoking the 10th one now as I type. Great flavor and strength, not a single problem with any of them.
[Reply]
akumushi 11:04 AM 03-12-2010
Originally Posted by tx_tuff:
:-)

That's too bad all the haters got to him. I still think the monster series is a great idea that really showed what a unique approach Pete takes to making and marketing cigars. It was and is a great concept and I think he should really try to iron out the distribution kinks as well as increase the volume and just ignore all the whiners that are butt-hurt because they didn't get a box of Dracs.:-)
[Reply]
muhren 01:00 PM 03-13-2010
I guess I'll have to let mine rest before I fire one up! And, perhaps let it dry out a bit.
[Reply]
smoke n' mirrors 03:55 PM 03-20-2010
Hey! New to Cigar Asylum, and I wanted to say hi and love the forum!! It's the best I've seen, that's for sure!

I agreed on the Tatuaje Black tubos after my first one 2 months ago(straight from the truck)....bland and lacking any flavor, and didn't resemble any TAT I've had to date. It really f-ing sucked! Today, after 2 months of rest in the humi at around 67% humidity(with the caps off the tubes), I tried another one. WOW! What a difference! I found it to be extremely complex, at first teasing me with possible full TAT flavor, but not quite getting there. But the first third had good, solid full flavor with thin, wispy gray smoke. Then, about a third into it, I was tasting that "brown label" type flavor....a tangy, twangy leathery smoke that lasted until the end. It was at that point medium to full. And what a long smoke....I downed a few Sam Adams "Nobil Pils" beers with this torpedo. What a great mix! I think that you need to rest these and not rush to judgement on them. They are like Cuban smokes in that regard, imho. Let 'em rest a few months and you should like 'em too!
[Reply]
pnoon 04:03 PM 03-20-2010
Originally Posted by smoke n' mirrors:
Hey! New to Cigar Asylum, and I wanted to say hi and love the forum!! It's the best I've seen, that's for sure!
Welcome to The Asylum. Most of our new members post an intro in the New Inmate forum. Head on over and introduce your yourself. We're a friendly bunch.
[Reply]
whodeeni 07:36 PM 03-20-2010
They just need more time... be patient "Danielson"!:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 02:45 PM 03-30-2010
So I'm smoking one right now. This one rested outside of the tubo for a couple weeks then spent 3 days in my travel humi en tubo.

I'm about done and I'm surprised at how mild it is. Some good flavor, but overall mild in flavor as well. First few puffs were metallic-y tasting but that subsided. It has a light woody flavor, and a sweet tobacco flavor.

To be honest, a yard gar has more flavor then this. Not worth the MSRP so far.
[Reply]
kgoings 02:51 PM 03-30-2010
:-)
[Reply]
akumushi 12:22 AM 03-31-2010
For those of you who are over Tatuaje, can I ask why? Have your tastes changed, has the quality control gone down, or do you have other reasons? I've never been a huge fanboy for Tatuaje, but I've also had nothing but good experiences with their product and count them among the few NCs I still smoke on occasion now that CCs are 90% of my intake. I'm just curious to see why people are losing interest in them after so much hype on the boards for the last year or so.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up