Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Indomina toro (A.J. Fernandez)
borndead1 10:19 PM 07-06-2018
This one appears to be an exclusive blend for Famous Smoke Shop. A Google search only shows them being sold by Famous. I like most of A.J.'s blends, so I pulled the trigger on a couple of fivers of these. Good price at $13 per 5-pack.

Not a particularly attractive cigar visually. Dark brown wrapper that looks thick. Slight floral aroma to the wrapper. Nice weight to the cigar, good construction, draw is a bit loose but not bad.

First few draws...a bit of hay/earth in the nose, floral on the finish.

About 1" in...hay has subsided and floral has become more pronounced. Medium "strength"; not a triple ligero bomb.

About 2" in...an odd vegetal flavor is creeping in. Maybe the hay flavor? Good burn. This cigar is just OK so far. The aroma coming from the foot smells kinda woodsy.

About halfway...that odd flavor is getting more intense. I am not digging this cigar, honestly. :-)

I let this thing die. It wasn't a dog rocket per se, but it just wasn't good.

Final thoughts...this thing tastes like Famous approached A.J. and said, "Hey bro...make us a cheap cigar that we can put in a cool looking jar." I guess I'll let the rest sleep for a while and revisit.
[Reply]
dorothytillery 10:40 AM 09-29-2018
It seems to be absolutely unique and exclusive! Thanks a lot for introducing the issue!
[Reply]
markem 08:03 PM 09-29-2018
Originally Posted by dorothytillery:
It seems to be absolutely unique and exclusive! Thanks a lot for introducing the issue!
Oh Dorothy. You aren't in Kansas anymore. Neither are those college essays, either.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 01:19 PM 09-30-2018
Dorthy touched me...
[Reply]
SurfnSafari 06:21 PM 09-30-2018
There are a lot of big name companies that do "just fors", or "private labels" that are just awesome Cigars. We have this place out West, about an 45 minutes drive east of me called Cigar King (yes they have web-site) the place has a lot of private label Cigars. Recently that were doing a 10 pack of a Toro made for them by the folk who do the ALADINO's in Honduras. Bought on 10 pack for like $24.99, now I mad at myself because I should have bought more. Private blends, and private labels sometime are hidden gems.

IMHO I say Cigars are like Wine, if you find something great for a bargain price, don't be ashamed it's OK, just be happy your found something you like for a great price.:-)
[Reply]
borndead1 03:44 PM 12-02-2018
Revisiting these after a few months in the humi with no cello.

Major improvement! The flavors have really opened up and gained more depth.

Still not a fantastic cigar by any stretch, but a decent inexpensive midday smoke.
[Reply]
Up