Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Lino 1898 Robusto
Don Fernando 12:25 AM 07-04-2018
This is a cigar made for Nestor Miranda’s Miami Cigar & Co, that’s one thing thats certain but where does it come from? Thompson says Dominican Republic, Cigar Aficionado claims it is an Honduran cigar. Thompson says the filler is Dominican, Brazilian and Cameroon while Cigar Aficionado claims its Dominican, Brazilian and Colombian, and I just don’t want to burn my fingers so I am going to admit that I don’t know.

I do know that I had this cigar in my humidor for a few years, since Nestor gave it to me at Intertabac when he and Jason Wood were trying to find European distributers for the Nestor Miranda, Don Lino and Tatiana cigar lines. I smoked Don Lino cigars before, but those were from the Africa line which I loved but are unfortunately discontinued, I hope these are as good as I have seen them online for 2 dollars a piece in a blowout sale.

The box pressed cigar looks great, the smooth wrapper is dark and oily and due to the shape looks like a dark chocolate bar. I would buy this cigar just for the looks if I walked into a cigar shop. The ring adds to the appeal, different shades of red with a beige banner, curly letters saying Don Lino, very fine copper colored details on a high quality print job. The construction feels good, the cap is placed neat, the shape is fine. The aroma is dark, autumn leaves and manure but in a good way.

I thinly sliced the cap of the cigar. The cold draw is a bit meaty with a hint of pepper. Construction is great. After lighting I taste a mild cocoa flavored coffee. After a third I taste a sweet, milk chocolate and herbal flavor with a little pepper. Halfway I taste spicy peanut with pepper, a growing pepper. The pepper keeps growing on a dirt background.

The draw is great. The smoke is full but the color is gray, I prefer a white smoke. The burn is a bit off, but it corrects itself. The ash is gray with a yellow shine. It looks flaky but it’s firm. The cigar is medium bodied, medium to medium full flavored. The smoke time is an hour and a half.

Would I buy this cigar again? I wouldn’t mind a few more.

Score: 92

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...-1898-robusto/
[Reply]
Up