Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Alex's Private Blend (Cigar Bundles of Miami)
icehog3 03:44 PM 06-28-2018
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
Had a heart attack January of 2016 and had a couple up until July of 2016 and haven't had one since. The Doc says I can have one every now and then, I just haven't picked one up since. I get my fix by walking in the the local b&m and smell around every so often.
Damn, that's rough, Jason. Hope you're feeling better, and I hope you get a chance to burn a couple if you ever decide you want to again.
[Reply]
yourchoice 07:25 AM 06-29-2018
Had a heart attack January of 2016 and had a couple up until July of 2016 and haven't had one since. The Doc says I can have one every now and then, I just haven't picked one up since. I get my fix by walking in the the local b&m and smell around every so often.
Glad to hear you're still doing okay, Jason. I remember you posting your PSA a little after you went through everything. Scary stuff when you're in your 30's!

Joel,

If you want to try a couple I can send you a few. I should receive Friday and can get them out to you Monday.
PM sent. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:05 AM 06-30-2018
Mine came in yesterday and I had one last night. Very tasty -- especially at this price! It will be interesting to see how they end up packaging and pricing them.
[Reply]
longknocker 03:58 AM 07-06-2018
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Mine came in yesterday and I had one last night. Very tasty -- especially at this price! It will be interesting to see how they end up packaging and pricing them.
Smoked One Last Nite. Was "Just OK", To Me, Michael. I'll Give Them A Few Months Rest.
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 05:37 PM 07-06-2018
So, I sprang for a 5er, just for fun. It's a well constructed cigar. Flavor is deep maduro, darkly roasted coffee with black pepper. It's a good cigar. But, the price point may be optimistic. I can get Man o Wars on cBid for $4 or less.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:41 PM 07-06-2018
Wishing I pulled the trigger on these. The verdict seems to be still out...mixed reviews here.
[Reply]
RUNYYFan 05:21 PM 07-28-2018
Just following up on this. Had a party last evening with a couple of friends; the three of us each had one from a package I had gotten on 2 July. The sticks had been resting in my humidor at 67-69% humidity with a variety of other maduro-type cigars.

We combined them with a few fingers of Angel's Envy for a wonderful hour and a half of flavor after having Tandori chicken and burgers with excellent Wisconsin cheddar and sweet onions.

One of the gents usually draws his cigars very quickly. Even he was amazed how slowly he enjoyed his over the time. Each of us were very pleased with how tightly wrapped the ends remained and the even burn of the construction.

The aromas and flavors throughout were wonderful. Pre-light, we agreed the aroma of the wrapper was a light coffee. It was not strong, but just enough to be enticing. The light was quick, with an even, nearly consistent draw. The flavor was full-bodied, but without being over-bearing either. The depth and aroma of the cigars were quite unique. The coffee aroma continued in the flavor through the first 2/3 of the stick I had. It was balanced with a floral - dare I say "rose hip" - warmth that made for a bit of tanginess.

Near the middle to end of the 2/3 I caught a flavor of cream and vanilla that was quite enjoyable. In the final 1/3, there was a reemergence of the coffee with a bit of cedar or oak that matched nicely with the Angel's Envy.

Even though it is sold out at the moment, I have placed another order as I want to have several of these for my tailgates this year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up