Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Fuente Don carlos personal reserve robusto
Da Klugs 10:50 PM 04-02-2018
Visited Hallie in Chi last month. Herf with Tom and Dave at a local place. Bought a couple of these to not feel guilty.

After the natl championship thought ... one more cigar. Dug this out of the Hallie.

Been smoking it for about 20 minutes. Nice flavors from the get go. Some subtlety that was unexpected. Not much evolution thru the first third but not a bad thing as it tastes good.

Spice is nicely balanced with a nice aftertaste.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 11:29 PM 04-02-2018
Battery is low so second post to finish ... hopefully.

Second third - really wonderful flavors. Depth is there like a vintage cigar. Sweet is fighting tart and the battle creates an interesting and nice flavor profile.

Half done and ... pretty impressed with the lack of harshness. Bands cover over 1/2 he cigar. Pulled the second one off before lighting. Slide the main up but its about time for it to go.

Gotta admit this is one fine cigar - flavors are great, nuanced and its 100% nasal exhale-able. Occasionally tastes like a vintage Cuban RA to me. I love vintage Cuban RA's. Only the aftertaste is even better.

2/3 done and the only gripe is lack of evolution. Little richer as it burns down but the same (great) flavors.

Smoking thought - what would these be like with 20 years on them? They are pretty darn good with only a few... but forgot they are rolled with aged tobacco some components up to 12 years. You can tell.

Down to an inch or so. Nice smoke. Not used to so much "mouth flavor". a nice experience.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:13 AM 04-03-2018
Fuente makes some excellent cigars, thanks for the review. Might be what I reach for next time I go there, Dave. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:16 AM 04-03-2018
Thanks for the review! I like the Hemingway’s by Fuente but never had any of the Don Carlos — sounds like I should give them a try!
[Reply]
racerX 09:41 PM 04-12-2018
I need some of these and can't find them. Any suggestions??? Please and thank you.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 10:09 PM 04-12-2018
Originally Posted by racerX:
I need some of these and can't find them. Any suggestions??? Please and thank you.
Tampa Sweethearts has them in a sampler. Otherwise, post up a "WTB" on here or Bazaar of the Leaf on facebook. I'm sure someone around has a few they'd sell or trade you.
[Reply]
racerX 10:13 PM 04-12-2018
Thanking you
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:54 AM 04-13-2018
Don Carlos for me has been their best line for the last 20+ years. I like them better than the Opus in general.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:16 AM 04-13-2018
Klugs got them at the B&M near me. I can see if they have any more. Fair warning, they were expensive.
[Reply]
racerX 06:11 PM 04-13-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Klugs got them at the B&M near me. I can see if they have any more. Fair warning, they were expensive.
Hey Tom
Long time no see. I'm actually looking for them. Let me know what you find. I realize these are expensive but they are my all time favorite. You may remember me from a couple years ago. I sent you a gift for being a good bro.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:51 AM 04-14-2018
Hey Tom
Long time no see. I'm actually looking for them. Let me know what you find. I realize these are expensive but they are my all time favorite. You may remember me from a couple years ago. I sent you a gift for being a good bro.
Of course I remember, John. It's good to see you around the past couple days. I should get by the B&M sometime during the week and I'll let you know if they're still holding. :-)
[Reply]
Up