Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Warped Futuro Seleccion 109
borndead1 10:32 PM 03-14-2018
Never tried anything from this company, so I snagged a couple of singles on C-Bid. These are called a toro, but the head is tapered so I would consider it a belicoso. Nice looking wrapper. The cigar is quite heavy in the hand. Nice easy cut, perfect draw. The wrapper has a really nice tobacco/floral aroma.

First few draws...hit with the spice (I call it Nicaraguan spice because it's so recognizable) and woodsy flavor. Nice bite in the nostrils. This cigar immediately reminds me of a Casa Fernandez Miami.

About 1" in...a nice tanginess on the draw. Dominant flavors are still the same, but there's a slight anise flavor underneath. The tanginess remains on the palate. Nice finish. Still reminds me a little bit of a Casa Fernandez.

About 2" in...this cigar is really opening up. It has a certain depth to the flavor, something that I have only experienced with CCs and a handful of NCs over the years. Dominant flavors are still similar, just more intense. I am really enjoying this cigar so far.

Out of curiosity, I do a little research on this cigar. "This new release is a collaboration between Warped cigars and Casa Fernandez." HA! I knew it! :-)

About halfway...wow! This is a really fantastic smoke. The anise flavor has become a little more intense, and a familiar spice flavor that I call 'baking spice' has started coming through. On the fuller side of medium "strength" (by that I mean moderate bite in the nostrils). Nice aroma coming from the foot. A few small burn corrections so far.

A little past halfway...I'm already looking for more of these. Damn! Anise and baking spice are still the dominant flavors.

Toward the end...still rockin' the anise and baking spice. The anise is strong on the finish, and the flavor lingers on the palate between draws. Let 'er die around 1.5".

Final thoughts...this is a contender for the best cigar I've had so far in 2018. Definitely recommend!
[Reply]
Weelok 02:37 AM 03-15-2018
Great review of a great cigar. Tangy little buggers.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:19 AM 03-15-2018
I"m on my second box of these. Love both sizes in the Futuro line. Thanks for the excellent review.
[Reply]
av8tor152d 07:23 AM 03-15-2018
Agreed one of my favorite warped right behind Cortos and Skyflowers
[Reply]
Up