Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Falto Delirio
Don Fernando 02:49 AM 03-08-2018
This is the third Falto review this month, but hey, I’m running out of cigars starting with an F for this effffin february series of reviews and I have to make good on my promise to Luis Falto to review the cigars he gracefully send me years ago. I’m already late on my promise. On the website of La Garita cigars you can find their points of sales in the USA, on the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.

The delirio is a 6 1/2×42 Lonsdale, a very classic cigar size that is much underappriciated nowadays just like other classic vitolas like corona and lancero, its a shame because thinner cigar are so much more dynamic and flavorful. This Falto Delirio Cabinet Selection is made from Dominican and Nicaraguan fillers, a Dominican binder and a Dominican Corona wrapper and has been aged in my humidor for 8 years.

The wrapper is dark but dull with a few minor veins. The ring is beautiful, and the secondary ring has the same look. The cigar feels well constructed and is beautifully capped with a nice rounded head. The aroma is quite strong and is a mixture of floral smells with sawdust from dark wood.

I used one of my Xikar cutters to decap the cigar. The cold draw is easy, I taste a peppery dry leaves taste. I lit the cigar with a soft flame. Straight from the start I taste vanilla, icing sugar and coffee. After a third I taste fresh wood, a mild pepper and dried herbs and spices. The flavors gain strength and get a little mean. Halfway the vanilla comes back, with a floral touch. In the final third the dried herbs return with some icing sugar and dried chilies.

The draw is perfect. The smoke is white, thick and full. The light gray ash is firm and dense. The burn is good. This cigar is medium bodied and medium flavored. The smoke time is an hour and fifteen minutes.

Would I buy this cigar again? They aren’t available in The Netherlands so there is no use in answering this question.

Score: 89

https://cigarguideorg.wordpress.com/...falto-delirio/
[Reply]
Up