Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Straight from Dublin and London
Porch Dweller 09:16 AM 05-03-2015
My mother-in-law has always wanted to visit England but has never been able to. So my wife, her sister, and her niece got together and took her to London and Dublin. My wife just got back today and brought me these from Dublin:

Green Spot is great, but I've never had - or even seen a bottle in a liquor store of - the Yellow. I'm really looking forward to trying it.

And she brought a couple of singles of Scotchs I'd never tried before from London:

My wife is awesome. :-) :-)
[Reply]
dijit 09:20 AM 05-03-2015
I have had the Glen Garioch very light and smooth. I dont think the one I had was the founders reserve though, but I bet you will be pleased.
[Reply]
badbriar 08:30 PM 05-03-2015
The yellow spot and green spot are Awesome! Your wife's a keeper! Enjoy!

:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:46 PM 05-03-2015
She certainly is, Rob! I had some of the Yellow Spot tonight with a Cromagnon Mode 5 (awesome combination) and I really enjoyed it. It's a shame the Green & Yellow Spots are so HTF.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:16 PM 05-03-2015
Keep us posted on the Green Spot.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 09:19 PM 05-03-2015
You have one awesome wife James:-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:36 PM 05-03-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Keep us posted on the Green Spot.
It's good stuff; it has that pleasant pot still oiliness along with some nice apple, spice, clove, and oak flavors. If I had a choice between Jameson Gold and Green Spot I'd probably choose the Gold, but only by a hair and maybe by a coin flip.
I spent about nine years stationed in Germany and used to go over to Metz, France for their Christmas fest. There's an Irish shop in Metz that always seemed to have some Green Spot on hand. So that used to be part of our December tradition: go to Metz, enjoy the fest, and grab a bottle of Green Spot before heading home. Man, I miss Europe sometimes. :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:37 PM 05-03-2015
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
You have one awesome wife James:-)
You are not wrong there, I'm a lucky man!
[Reply]
Up