Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Need Rum Help...
pnoon 12:41 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by cigarmarine:
does anyone know if brugal anjeo any good? have a bottle in the cabinet left over from a party
I like it very much.
:-)
[Reply]
cigarmarine 12:46 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I like it very much.
:-)
Thank you sir, I'll give it a try.:-)
[Reply]
mc808 09:04 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by Steve:
All the suggestions above are very nice, but I will add Matsulem. At least it works pretty well for me.
I like Matusalem as well. Not as sweet as most of the others, closer to Cuban style rum.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:56 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by irratebass:
All rum suggestions noted here are good choices, and for a dark rum......try the Kraken, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
I picked up a bottle of this based on this recommendation and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It was very tasty just on the rocks and at a quite reasonable price.
[Reply]
Sadden 10:19 PM 01-03-2015
Originally Posted by mc808:
I like Matusalem as well. Not as sweet as most of the others, closer to Cuban style rum.
Matusalem is really nice. Legendario if you can come by some.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:34 AM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Picked up the Zaya and looking forward to giving it a try. Next two will be the Ron Zacapa and the Flor de Cana. We need to have a stock of more than one, right??? :-)
Try to find some Dictador XO Perpetual. Abe Flores gave me a bottle after Intertabac, I cracked it open on NYE and I wish I opened it sooner, good stuff.
[Reply]
dijit 05:47 AM 01-04-2015
For an every day on the rocks rum I like Goslings Black Seal. As for special occasion rums Zacapa is one of my many favorites. These two are at opposite ends of the rum spectrum Black Seal is a molasses rum and pretty sweet while Zacapa is much less sweet and still has mild spice. Both work for me as I am not a fan of too much spice like a captain morgan or sailor jerry.
[Reply]
badbriar 07:49 AM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by dijit:
For an every day on the rocks rum I like Goslings Black Seal. As for special occasion rums Zacapa is one of my many favorites. These two are at opposite ends of the rum spectrum Black Seal is a molasses rum and pretty sweet while Zacapa is much less sweet and still has mild spice. Both work for me as I am not a fan of too much spice like a captain morgan or sailor jerry.
Michael-
Flavor and taste-wise where would you put Zaya compared to those two?
[Reply]
dijit 08:50 AM 01-04-2015
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Michael-
Flavor and taste-wise where would you put Zaya compared to those two?
I would place Zaya closer to Zacapa but a little lighter in nature and depth of flavor.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up