Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Blend Lab ZF-544
jhedrick83 06:56 PM 08-01-2014
This is the first review I have ever written in 4+ years of cigars,so be kind if it sucks! I normally wouldn't think of writing reviews, I never thought of it because people with much more refined palates than mine have reviewed almost everything I smoke. I thought some of the Blend Labs I picked up while at CI might be fun to try and review. So enough of my yammering, on to cigars!

5" by 44, Costa Rican Maduro wrapper and Nicaraguan filler:
Smells like dark chocolate and a bit of barnyard. Draw is great, just enough resistance. Firm to the touch. First few puffs were some dark chocolate and just a touch of sweetness. It's not pouring smoke from the foot like a LP but man does it produce a ton of smoke on draws!

Ash dropped after almost an inch but the burn is razor sharp. As I move into the second third the chocolate is failing some and I'm getting a bit of coffee and some rich tobacco flavor. The ash fell again after less than an inch. Two ash drops in my lap are a little annoying, but whatever.

Moving into the last third it is getting a bit soft and warmer, I tapped off the ash at a half inch (not looking to ash my lap a third time). Mostly getting straight tobacco flavor. Some pepper on the retrohale, it's not bad, but not as good as the first half or so. I probably won't nub it if it keeps up.

About an inch and a half left and I'm calling it. Overall not a bad cigar, especially for $4. It would make a good short smoke. You can get them from the CI website if you want. Smoke time- approx. 45 minutes. Image
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:13 PM 08-01-2014
Good review, regardless if it's your first one. Thanks for posting it!
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:38 PM 08-01-2014
Thanks. I may post a few more here and there as I burn through the other blends I picked up.
[Reply]
Dude Here 09:48 PM 08-01-2014
These sound interesting. There are a ton of blends too, so that's nice. I'll have to grab a few next time I'm shopping on CI. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Up