Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>My Uzi Weighs a Ton +11
borndead1 08:02 PM 12-09-2013
First off, what a dumbass name for a cigar. They are running out of good cigar names just like they are running out of good band names.

I saw these on sale last year at FS for like $52/bundle of 10 with free shipping. The other cigars in this line are way too fat for me, but this one fit the bill at 5.5" and 52 RG.

I let my bundle rest for a few weeks and tried one of these, and honestly it was terrible. I was digging through the humi for something new tonight and decided to give these another shot. And what a difference 6 months make. This is actually a very tasty smoke. Fuller side of medium "strength", nice sweet flavor on the draw, woodsy/toasty through the nose, and a tangy tobacco finish. This cigar smells and tastes like a CIGAR. In fact, I think I just heard my neighbor slam their window shut in disgust. :-)

About 1/3 in, a very nice coconut flavor has crept in. I can taste it in the nose and also on the finish. I am diggin' this cigar. I'm already looking on FS and C-bid to score some more. Good burn, good draw. *Side note* I've experienced very few construction problems with Drew Estate cigars. Even the short filler La Vieja Habana have always performed well.

A little past halfway...still tasting the coconut, but it has taken on a toasty flavor too. Tangy finish.

Last 1/3....coconut is gone. Toasty leather is all I can say. Let 'er die at around 1".

Final thoughts...great smoke! I'm glad I gave it a second chance.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:18 PM 12-09-2013
Great review.
[Reply]
Remo 08:20 PM 12-09-2013
Nice review, seems like all the MUWAT line get better with some humi. time :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:26 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
Nice review, seems like all the MUWAT line get better with some humi. time :-)
Good to know. Now if I could only convince myself to pick one up to smoke. This size might work, the others are just way too big. Plus, the name turns me away. Seems gimmicky.
[Reply]
the jiggler 08:39 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Good to know. Now if I could only convince myself to pick one up to smoke. This size might work, the others are just way too big. Plus, the name turns me away. Seems gimmicky.
FWIW Bob MUWAT is the name of JD 's favorite Public Enemy song...
[Reply]
Remo 10:33 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by the jiggler:
"this time around the revolution will not be televised" :-)
[Reply]
Robulous78 11:36 PM 12-09-2013
Originally Posted by the jiggler:
Originally Posted by Remo:
"this time around the revolution will not be televised" :-)
I'll go one better...
Public Enemy- MUWAT

:-)
[Reply]
Zane 06:01 AM 12-10-2013
Terrible name but a great cigar. Only the +11 for me!
[Reply]
stearns 06:37 AM 12-10-2013
I, too, enjoyed this much better than the bigger mothas. this and bait fish for me :-)
[Reply]
badbriar 08:13 PM 12-12-2013
Good review...agree these are definitely a tasty stick! Always keep some on hand? :-)
RR
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 09:21 PM 12-12-2013
Ohhh. that explains it. Completely turned me off trying the cigar. I think Black Steel is a better song and would probably be a better name, too. So the cigar is worth trying?

This might be off topic, but I've had hard time dealing with the Drew Estate stuff: the tacky names, the big sizes, the goofy promo pictures. I've tried the Natural Dirt and Undercrown. The Dirt, I remember being annoyed. The UC was.. okay. Never tried the L.P. which is what everyone talks about..
[Reply]
Zane 09:27 PM 12-12-2013
Originally Posted by Xolotal Mungin:
Ohhh. that explains it. Completely turned me off trying the cigar. I think Black Steel is a better song and would probably be a better name, too. So the cigar is worth trying?

This might be off topic, but I've had hard time dealing with the Drew Estate stuff: the tacky names, the big sizes, the goofy promo pictures. I've tried the Natural Dirt and Undercrown. The Dirt, I remember being annoyed. The UC was.. okay. Never tried the L.P. which is what everyone talks about..
If you try another UC make it the Corona Viva. Avoid the naturals/acids unless you like that type of stuff. MUWAT +11 and of the LPs and the Herra Estelli are great.
[Reply]
badbriar 09:04 PM 12-28-2013
Good review... Kinda like the tactical name, though. MUWAT sounds like the stick is ready to open a can of whoopass on ya! Great cigar. :-)
RR
[Reply]
Ogre 09:08 PM 12-28-2013
I wasn't impressed with them at first. Just shows what a little rest can do.
[Reply]
borndead1 07:05 PM 04-05-2018
Apparently I had one of these left after all this time. It will be interesting to smoke this thing.

Looking back at my initial review. The coconut flavor I described is gone. The dominant flavor now is a woodsy flavor.

After 4.5 years, much of the bite has gone out of these. This cigar is quite mild, even at the halfway point. It's a good smoke, but I am kinda glad I never scored any more of these. I have a pretty good stash of cigars, so a lot of them end up sleeping in the humi for several years.

Last 1/3 of the cigar is pretty much the same. Time has erased most of the flavor. Muted woodsy flavor, not much else.

Chalk up the MUWAT as a NC that does not age well.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:50 PM 04-05-2018
I'm glad I am not aging any then, Mark. :-)
[Reply]
Up