Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cuban Castaways (smoker friendly)
smitty81 03:33 PM 07-24-2012
So I was in my not so local walk in humidor browsing cigars and these caught my eye.

They are a blend made specifically for smoker friendly. I was pretty curious about them as they looked like decent cigars. I didn't really have much hope for them after I looked at the price tag ($2 and some odd cents)

But I thought, what the hell. What if it's a diamond in the rough?

So I bought one.

Today, I went on a very small trip so I decided it would be a good day to light it up.

Construction isn't fabulous and the burn needed to be touched up a few times. The cigar was pretty spongy and I think it had a hard time keeping an even burn because of it. The draw was obviously pretty loose as well.

Taste wise 8/10.

This cigar was a home run in the flavor department for me. You guys will think I am crazy here but I think this cigar taste a lot like the 601 blue.

Hell, for a cheap $2.00 cigar though, I will be buying more.

It had a lot of sweet cream in it and that Nicaraguan flavor I have come to love.

It packed a small punch in the Nicotine department as well.

Guys, if you haven't tried these, try just one. Besides the poor construction, it's far from a dog rocket.

[Reply]
MrWolf55 03:44 PM 07-24-2012
I've always found Smoker Friendly's house smokes pretty decent values believe it or not. Their Dominican Gold line with the cameroon wrapper is a fantastic smoke for the price (3 for $10). Thanks for the heads up; I'll look for this one if I ever find myself in a SF again
[Reply]
smitty81 03:51 PM 07-24-2012
Originally Posted by MrWolf55:
I've always found Smoker Friendly's house smokes pretty decent values believe it or not. Their Dominican Gold line with the cameroon wrapper is a fantastic smoke for the price (3 for $10). Thanks for the heads up; I'll look for this one if I ever find myself in a SF again
I seen those Dominican ones as well. I bought the Nicaraguan one in the same line (white band I think)

I will have to try it here soon.
[Reply]
smitty81 07:08 AM 07-25-2012
Here's some info I dug up on this one.

Wrapper: Ecuador Sungrown . Binder: Honduran . Filler: MIXED FILLER
Mild-Medium Bodied
Cuban Castaways are a tremendous value for the cigar smoker. Constructed with quality table
cuttings remaining from the making of some of the finest long-filler premium cigars mixed with
quality long filler in the Cuban Sandwich method, these are a great tasting, mild-medium-bodied
handmade with a sun-grown Ecuador Sumatran or a smooth tasting Maduro wrapper. You can
now smoke a genuine handmade cigar for less than many machine made cigars! Quality at a price you
can afford every day. Buy them by the handful and save a bunch. Available in all your favorite sizes.
Packaged in boxes of 50 and Bundles of 10.
[Reply]
TXSmokey 07:59 PM 05-31-2014
I've seen these at the smoke shop, on the shelf with the quorum's and rejects, ill give one a try thanks
[Reply]
Up