Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Perdomo - ESV 91 - Regente Maduro
JKim 09:15 AM 10-15-2008
This review was posted on 7/10/2007

------------------------------

I went to Highland Cigar Company tonight for a Perdomo event. I was given an ESV 91 - Regente Maduro to smoke from the Perdomo Rep. I paired this with a Mojito.

The construction on this cigar was fantastic. The cigar is firm with a bit of spongy resilience. There were a few slight veins from what I could tell in the dark atmosphere.

Prelight draw on the cigar is on the easier side. Toasted the foot and start puffing away. Easy to pull large amounts of smoke. The first 3/4 to inch was pretty uneventful. The cigar then started to warm up with some honey sweet flavors with hints of toasted pecans on the finish. It is almost uneventful, almost hollow on the finish except for this sporadic toasted nut. There are hints of citrus early in the smoke that disappeared after the 2nd inch.

It's not as powerful or in your face as a Padron x000 series, but enjoyable on a different level. It's a more subtle smoke that makes you pay attention to what your tasting.

The cigar burned cleanly and evenly down to the last inch and half, then started to waver a bit on the burn. I never had to relight it and burned it down to about half an inch.

Would I smoke one again? definately. Not sure that I would purchase one for a regular smoke.

Snorking the smoke didn't produce
[Reply]
Up