Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 98 of 159
« First < 4888969798 99100108148 > Last »
General Discussion>What are you reading?
Chainsaw13 12:52 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by czerbe:
The first book in Game of Thrones... Or Fire and Ice I guess
I just started that one as well. Hard to get going as I just finished the "Joe Ledger" series from Johnathan Maberry. Those are quick, fasted paced reads. GoT starts off with a lot of details, names, places, etc. I figure another chapter or so and I'll settle into the writers style.
[Reply]
Ciro 01:10 PM 05-14-2012
Finally got around to starting Stephen King’s “The Green Mile”.
[Reply]
blugill 01:28 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Apoco:
You mentioning him made me remember. Looked him up - sure enough he's published another short story called "The Plagiarist". Very cool book - interesting concept.

Wool was a great set to read.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mr. Howdy seems to have a good site, stays in touch with his readers and even puts the progress on his upcoming books in percentage form.

Long live the indie writer!
[Reply]
czerbe 02:24 PM 05-14-2012
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
I just started that one as well. Hard to get going as I just finished the "Joe Ledger" series from Johnathan Maberry. Those are quick, fasted paced reads. GoT starts off with a lot of details, names, places, etc. I figure another chapter or so and I'll settle into the writers style.
The chapters really get good after a while and I'm not a big reader but I really like the book so far still on the first one now
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:34 PM 05-14-2012
The Election (a Kindle Short Story) by John Scalzi
[Reply]
rebelknight 04:08 PM 05-17-2012
Clash of Kings
SuperFreakonomics
[Reply]
Cigargal 11:03 AM 05-21-2012
Just finished Persuader by Lee Child and started Bring Up the Bodies by Mantell. Tudor history from pov Thomas Cromwell
[Reply]
jledou 11:32 AM 05-21-2012
Finished up Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night, entertaining and quick read.
[Reply]
elderboy02 05:54 PM 05-21-2012
Finished: Vigilante I really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:29 PM 05-21-2012
Just started Electric Kool Aid Acid Test by Thomas Wolfe and its pretty great so far. Looking forward to getting into it!
[Reply]
Cigargal 07:08 PM 05-23-2012
So, how many here are reading on a Kindle? I love mine, but as a librarian I have to have my hands on a real book once in a while. If you find any good books on the Kindle under $5 pass along the recommendation okay?
[Reply]
BHalbrooks 07:18 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Ciro:
Finally got around to starting Stephen King’s “The Green Mile”.
Oh jealous. I'll have to take a look for that soon.

"The Fifth Witness" by Michael Connelly.
I love him. He's very talented.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:21 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
So, how many here are reading on a Kindle? I love mine, but as a librarian I have to have my hands on a real book once in a while. If you find any good books on the Kindle under $5 pass along the recommendation okay?
I love my Kindle! Amazon carries a lot of short stories for the Kindle at 99 cents.

There are also a number of free books out there -- just picked up The Count of Monte Cristo, although not ready to start this bad boy quite yet :-)
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:40 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks:
Oh jealous. I'll have to take a look for that soon.

"The Fifth Witness" by Michael Connelly.
I love him. He's very talented.
I just finished...scratch that...devoured two of his books. "The Drop" and "The Brass Verdict". He has a new one coming put in November. Can't wait.

I started "Kill Shot" by Vince Flynn a couple of nights ago.
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:36 PM 05-23-2012
If you find any good books on the Kindle under $5 pass along the recommendation okay?
Every day I check out http://www.pixelofink.com

Each day they have a lot of free books.
[Reply]
Samsquanch 10:22 PM 05-23-2012
Originally Posted by Jasonw560:
I just finished...scratch that...devoured two of his books. "The Drop" and "The Brass Verdict". He has a new one coming put in November. Can't wait.

I started "Kill Shot" by Vince Flynn a couple of nights ago.
I'm listening to The Drop audio book right now during my bike commute, another Connelly fan here!
[Reply]
hotreds 12:02 PM 06-07-2012
The Terrorist Next Door: How the Government is Deceiving You About the Islamist Threat by Erick Stakelbeck
[Reply]
BigCat 12:04 PM 06-07-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
just picked up The Count of Monte Cristo, although not ready to start this bad boy quite yet :-)
I'm reading it right now on my Kindle Fire and really enjoy it - both the book and the device. I paid 99 cents for the book. Hard to beat all the classics you can get for so little money.
[Reply]
tsolomon 12:13 PM 06-07-2012
I use both my Kindle and iPad. Just started rereading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.
[Reply]
pnoon 12:20 PM 06-07-2012
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Second book in The Hunger Games trilogy. Going to see the movie this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 98 of 159
« First < 4888969798 99100108148 > Last »
Up