Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Good Eats>Sushi
Pilon 12:03 PM 03-22-2010
Grilled salmon skin roll is bomb
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:01 AM 05-30-2011
I figured I'd revive this thread since I love sushi like no other.

Went to Kabuki's in Tempe, AZ yesterday and just told the sushi chef "omakase" or chef's choice (basically). He fixed me a great 5 course sampling of his best work using his finest fish. It was amazing. Wish I had taken some photos. But instead here's a few photo's of previous sushi outings

Now I'm hungry!
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:07 AM 05-30-2011
mmmmm love me some deep fried shrimp heads.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:33 AM 05-30-2011
:-)

Ama-ebi is where its at brother! Its become a staple for me, along with Uni and Ikura.
[Reply]
Jbailey 09:48 AM 05-30-2011
Also love Fatty Tuna Nigiri.
[Reply]
TNT Cigarguy 09:52 AM 05-30-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:

Ama-ebi is where its at brother! Its become a staple for me, along with Uni and Ikura.

Agreed that is very much where it is.

If you get up to the west side. Sakana (59th and 101) is one of the only other places I know that gets Ama-ebi in. They have a few locations on in chandler and the other off of indian bend and scottsdale. But if you get a chance they always have fresh stuff in. They get amber jack a lot too which is one of my fav's. But I spent time in Japan in high school so I always lean toward the more traditional fare myself.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:58 AM 05-30-2011
I'm with you on that one as well Trevor. Mostly only traditional stuff for me as well. Thanks for the info on Sakana's. I've actually been to their location in Chandler (I live in Gilbert). Good stuff :-)

There's a very traditional sushi place on the border of Chandler/Gilbert called Taiko's. Traditional Japanese dinners and traditional style sushi. Great stuff! We took my mother in law, who is from Kyushu, there and she loved it.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 12:34 PM 07-20-2011
Sushi again for lunch today. The spicy tuna roll always hits the spot.
[Reply]
Noodles 12:48 PM 07-20-2011
Best sushi I had was a side of the road Japanese restaurant in upstate New York. The place is owned and operated by a Japanese couple. They barely speaks English. Found it on my way back from Niagara. Yum
[Reply]
Devanmc 01:41 PM 07-20-2011
i think i need to go get sushi sometime soon now. mmmm
[Reply]
RWhisenand 06:31 PM 08-07-2011
Went to Laguna Seca this year for the MotoGP race. We live in a pretty remote town, and love exploring new, local, places to eat when we travel. Well we were pretty happy to find a little sushi joint in Monteray CA. Got to eat there twice, it was great. IIRC, the place was named 'Crystal Fish' but I'm not 100% sure. Good eats though!
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 09:18 AM 08-12-2011
Going to get some sushi for dinner tonight. Just don't know what I want to get yet....
[Reply]
forgop 10:35 AM 08-12-2011
I've had sushi for lunch for 4 consecutive days. Guess I'll have to make it 5. :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 10:38 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by forgop:
I've had sushi for lunch for 4 consecutive days. Guess I'll have to make it 5. :-)
What have you been eating? I need some ideas on what to get tonight.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 10:40 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by Noodles:
Best sushi I had was a side of the road Japanese restaurant in upstate New York. The place is owned and operated by a Japanese couple. They barely speaks English. Found it on my way back from Niagara. Yum
Ok, Noodles- time to break out the specifics on this one. I need to find this place.

[Reply]
forgop 10:53 AM 08-12-2011
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
What have you been eating? I need some ideas on what to get tonight.
My favorite place for sushi is actually a buffet that's $8.50 and they have a really good selection with pretty decent quality.

I always get the same rolls-spicy salmon/tuna rolls, a spicy crab with shrimp on top, a roll with flounder/avocado, and a roll that I don't know by name, but it has eel, crab, lettuce, and has a "crumby" texture on the outside. I eat each bite with wasabi for some heat. I also get an eel roll or some salmon/tuna nigri on occasion. I'll eat most salmon/tuna/crab as long as I doesn't have cucumber in it or I pick it out.
[Reply]
ade06 11:37 AM 08-12-2011
Just had sushi for lunch today.
[Reply]
goalie204 12:09 PM 08-12-2011
IM THREADJACKING YOUR SUSHI THREAD TO BRING YOU THIS MESSAGE BROUGHT TO YOU BY VIETNAMESE:

</threadjack>
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:01 AM 08-24-2011
BLASPHEMY!!!!

:-) J/K that looks great as well.

We had sushi a couple of times this past week. As usual, I stuck to fairly traditional offerings. Nigiri sushi only: Hamachi, Maguro, Sake, Shiro Maguro, Uni and Ikura :-)
[Reply]
Devanmc 10:07 AM 08-24-2011
there are enough pictures in here...
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up