Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Sweet and/or Sweetened Tip smokes?
shopkins82 08:40 PM 03-27-2012
There are times I like to take a break from fuller bodied smokes and enjoy something basic, mild, and sweet. Examples I've found enjoyable are Diamondback by Dulce Hummo, Baccarat Natural (need to try the Maduro, haven't seen it locally) by Camacho, and even the Factory Throwout No. 59 Sweet.

Any other recommendations fo particularly sweet smokes, either with or without a sweetened tip? Preferably in the $5/stick or less price range...
[Reply]
emopunker2004 08:45 PM 03-27-2012
Try the Tabak Especial line by Drew Estate. You can get them for under $5 on cigarbid cigarmonster and cigarsprintsale.
[Reply]
MrClean 10:27 PM 03-27-2012
Flor De Oliva - the non-maduro ones are really good. They have a sweet tip but are not infused so they are not over the top sweet. And they are resonably priced, about $2 a stick.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...sp?item=CS-FOB
[Reply]
bobarian 11:42 PM 03-27-2012
Flor de Oliva do NOT have a sweetened tip. :-)

Several of the infused creations from Drew Estate have sweetened tips but most are also infused. In addition to the Tabak Especial(natural and maduro)the Java also has a sweetened tip. Not sure about the Natural or Acid lines.

Cuban Honeys are also sweetened, but not recommended by me. :-)
[Reply]
emopunker2004 11:45 PM 03-27-2012
I would definitely say the ACID line is much more infused that it is sweetened. Although the sweet tea one is not bad at all
[Reply]
BengalMan 05:00 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Flor de Oliva do NOT have a sweetened tip. :-)
Yes they do. The standard Flor de Oliva line that has a Sumatra wrapper do indeed have a sweet tip. The Maduro, Corojo, and Gold lines do NOT have a sweet tip.
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:55 AM 03-28-2012
I had a Nat Sherman that had a sweetened tip!:-)
[Reply]
T.G 09:15 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
I had a Nat Sherman that had a sweetened tip!:-)
Forgot about them, that was the "Host Series" that they did that with, right?

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/p...sherman%20host
http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm...List/catID=341

I remember smoking some of the coronas (Hamilton) back when they came out and thinking that even though I didn't care for the sweetened tip, it was an excellent mild cigar overall.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:17 AM 03-28-2012
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Yes they do. The standard Flor de Oliva line that has a Sumatra wrapper do indeed have a sweet tip. The Maduro, Corojo, and Gold lines do NOT have a sweet tip.
My apologies. I didnt know they had a Sumatra, only tried the corojo and maduro several years ago.
[Reply]
Reaver2145 05:08 PM 03-28-2012
Ive found the A Fuente robusto sun grown to have a very sweet tobacco flavour that isnt artificially sweetened either.

As for the sweet tips while not my cup of fish so i cant give much of a answer iv'e found ACIDs,Ambrosia and CAO flavour lines to be all right though some are more spice than sweet.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 06:18 PM 03-28-2012
I've enjoyed a Baccarat before - wouldn't keep it in my regular rotation, but not bad for a change of pace; the Acids snd CAO flavors - not so much.
[Reply]
andromalius 07:33 PM 03-28-2012
For a short smoke with a sweetened tip try a Bandido. At 50 cents, quite a decent smoke.
[Reply]
gnbikes 08:11 PM 03-28-2012
The Nat Sherman Host series do have a sweetened cap. Nice mild to medium smoke, one of my regular smokes. Atlantic has the best pricing on them.
Garry-
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:22 PM 03-29-2012
When I started out, I used to smoke the little CAO Moontrance in tubos for a change of pace. I remember them being pretty good. I don't know if they have sweetened tips though.
[Reply]
oooo35980 06:43 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by LigaPrivadaT84:
I've enjoyed a Baccarat before - wouldn't keep it in my regular rotation, but not bad for a change of pace; the Acids snd CAO flavors - not so much.
I second that, unlike the Moontrance and Kuba Kuba Baccarat taste like tobacco and not bathroom air Freshener, while leaving a more subtle sweetness on your lips as you smoke them, they still aren't great, but not nearly as cloying as Acid or CAO.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 06:55 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by emopunker2004:
Try the Tabak Especial line by Drew Estate. You can get them for under $5 on cigarbid cigarmonster and cigarsprintsale.
When I have the craving for sweetness.. This is the go to stick. Real good in the AM with coffee.. I think.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 10:06 PM 03-29-2012
Anything Drew Estate :-)
[Reply]
IlmProcess 01:38 AM 04-14-2012
I am bidding on a Maroma (mixed filler) sampler pack and a couple of their sticks have sweet tips. I found one review of the dulce here: http://www.cigaradvisor.com/news/cig...oma-dulce-toro
[Reply]
neoflex 01:10 PM 04-14-2012
I'm surprised no one has mentioned them yet but the Drew Estate Natural Dirt Torpedo and the Natural English. Both use the sweet gum when rolling. The Dirt also has a little bit of pipe tobacco rolled in it too which also gives it some sweetness. Believe it or not this has been the number 1 selling stick for the last three years at the shop where I do some part time hours.
[Reply]
schollianmj 02:11 PM 04-14-2012
also try the Isla Del Sol by Drew estate. its not as infused as teh tabac especials but is a great early morning with a cup of coffe stick. runs about 4 bucks each at my B&M...

Clickey!

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up