Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 169 of 199
« First < 69119159167168169 170171179 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Beagleone 10:08 AM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
With apologies to Curtis Mayfield, "Pinkie's dead .... that's what I said".

Hope that's a good one for you, Bob. I'm not a big finished whiskey guy but I know there's some interesting ones out there.
Thankfully, you have a back up bottle. :-)

Always grab two bottles...

I managed to grab two bottles of Bookers 2023-02 Apprentice Batch last night on my way home. Haven't gotten to where I can open a bottle yet. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:39 AM 06-29-2023
Originally Posted by stearns:
Nice find! I didn't think those made it out of the state, guess I was wrong. I've tried some of their other finished special releases, the sherry ones were interesting but the latest batch of smoked ones were not great. I forget all the details on those but it didn't taste smokey, just pretty meh. I liked the Moscatel a lot :-)
After what you mentioned, I was really surprised to see this on the shelf. It was the only one they had. Just cracked it open. Super delicious.
[Reply]
icehog3 01:40 PM 06-29-2023
Glad you like the WV, Bob. :-)

Originally Posted by Beagleone:
Thankfully, you have a back up bottle. :-)

Always grab two bottles...

I managed to grab two bottles of Bookers 2023-02 Apprentice Batch last night on my way home. Haven't gotten to where I can open a bottle yet. :-)
Yeah, 1 backup. Not!! :-)

I didn't like the Apprentice batch as much as Tea, Pinkie's or Charlie's. I'll make a real review after it's been open 3 weeks or so, but I will likely only grab one backup of this one Tony
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 02:29 PM 07-04-2023
A couple recent pickups.

[Reply]
jledou 08:55 AM 07-05-2023
I just finished off a bottle of the Wilderness Trail single barrel last week while on "vacation" last week. I have had some very good ones to some there were not bad just on the different or funky side. It is one that I will usually try to pickup if a local store has a single barrel pick.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:29 AM 07-05-2023
Curious to hear your thoughts on the Maker's. Bob. I was there when they released it at my local but I have lots of other stave finished MMs so I passed.

I had some 1792 FP sib to celebrate 1776. :-)

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:29 PM 07-06-2023
Curious to hear your thoughts on the Maker's. Bob. I was there when they released it at my local but I have lots of other stave finished MMs so I passed.
Cracked it open just now. Wow, shows promise. Red fruit, buttery, maple syrup on the nose. Doesn’t drink like 110 proof, until you get a few sips in, then the burn starts to build in the back of the throat. Sweet, spicy, oakey. Not a bad neck pour. I’d give it a :-)

Did some hunting today. Hit up a few stores in Ann Arbor. Snagged a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114 at total wine, otherwise it was a bust. The few other stores I stopped at weren’t much better. If the had anything decent, it was overpriced. EC store pick for $90, the small Eagle Rare for $50. I’ll pass.

One had a MM stave finished, but they didn’t list the recipe. It was all question marks. Again, $90. Yea, I’m good.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:03 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13:
Cracked it open just now. Wow, shows promise. Red fruit, buttery, maple syrup on the nose. Doesn’t drink like 110 proof, until you get a few sips in, then the burn starts to build in the back of the throat. Sweet, spicy, oakey. Not a bad neck pour. I’d give it a :-)

Did some hunting today. Hit up a few stores in Ann Arbor. Snagged a bottle of Old Grand Dad 114 at total wine, otherwise it was a bust. The few other stores I stopped at weren’t much better. If the had anything decent, it was overpriced. EC store pick for $90, the small Eagle Rare for $50. I’ll pass.

One had a MM stave finished, but they didn’t list the recipe. It was all question marks. Again, $90. Yea, I’m good.
Up until about six months ago I could get OGD 114 all over town, including on base. Then *poof* it disappeared. I can't seem to find out why. It's a good bang-for-the-buck pour...perhaps too many people found that out and are buying it up as soon as it hits the shelf.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:13 PM 07-06-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Up until about six months ago I could get OGD 114 all over town, including on base. Then *poof* it disappeared. I can't seem to find out why. It's a good bang-for-the-buck pour...perhaps too many people found that out and are buying it up as soon as it hits the shelf.
Yea, it’s getting a lot of talk on YouTube bourbon channels, so more people are grabbing it. I didn’t necessarily need it, but didn’t want to come home empty handed.
[Reply]
SSDVC 03:46 AM 07-07-2023
I hate this thread ! Why did I even click on it????

Every time I look at it, I feel the need to go out and buy another bottle of something. My cabinet is full of tasty selections, as I don't drink a lot and my friends don't drink Whiskey (yet). Luckily, I am over in Greece right now and the US made stuff, while available in very limited quantities, is super expensive.

When I get back, I'll be compelled to search for a bottle of that Makers Mark Private Selection.

Cheers !!!!
[Reply]
icehog3 07:46 AM 07-07-2023
I'm glad the MM is a winner, Bob. I actually ordered the Maker's Mark Generations of Proof Private Selection, it has 375ml bottles of the '19, '20 and '21 Private Selection batches. Hoping they're good too.

I had MM on the mind for sure, grabbed the new LE to go with my cigar last night.

[Reply]
longknocker 04:36 PM 07-07-2023
I'm glad the MM is a winner, Bob. I actually ordered the Maker's Mark Generations of Proof Private Selection, it has 375ml bottles of the '19, '20 and '21 Private Selection batches. Hoping they're good too.

I had MM on the mind for sure, grabbed the new LE to go with my cigar last night.

High Roller!!!:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:14 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by longknocker:
High Roller!!!:-):-):-):-)
Hardly! :-)

All I could muster last night was the latest Booker's. :-)

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 07:55 AM 07-11-2023
So Tom, what’s your thoughts about the last two Bookers releases? I have a feeling that’s what I’m likely to find anytime soon. I can’t remember which one wasn’t well received.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:13 AM 07-11-2023
Bob, for my palate, Charlie's (23-01) is very good, quintessential Booker's. The Apprentice (23-02) has not been open 3 weeks yet, but early on it's my least favorite batch since Donohoe (21-01), and not something I'm looking to have more than 1 of.

Had a pour last night of something I'm glad I have a backup of (Thanks Mike). Love the Barrell Batch 28.

[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:08 AM 07-11-2023
Thanks Tom. I’ll continue to look for it.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 08:02 PM 07-14-2023
Snagged a bottle of 4 Roses SBS to add to the collection. Checked a few stores to see if they had anything new. Nothing much of interest. Did find out the MM BEP hasn’t been released yet in Michigan. Has to do with our distribution process.

There’s one store near me that’s got a great selection, but crazy prices. No wonder the shelves are still full.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:34 AM 07-15-2023
Snagged a bottle of 4 Roses SBS to add to the collection. Checked a few stores to see if they had anything new. Nothing much of interest. Did find out the MM BEP hasn’t been released yet in Michigan. Has to do with our distribution process.

There’s one store near me that’s got a great selection, but crazy prices. No wonder the shelves are still full.
I did the same. I was running errands yesterday so decided to hit a few spots I don't normally go to. Nothing of interest at all except for the Four Roses SBS.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 11:43 AM 07-15-2023
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
I did the same. I was running errands yesterday so decided to hit a few spots I don't normally go to. Nothing of interest at all except for the Four Roses SBS.
I like 4 Roses. Have a bottle of single barrel that’s very good. Been wanting to get the SBS as I saw it’s been well reviewed.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on WT Rarebreed?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 01:14 PM 07-15-2023
I like 4 Roses. Have a bottle of single barrel that’s very good. Been wanting to get the SBS as I saw it’s been well reviewed.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on WT Rarebreed?
I really enjoy it, especially at the price point. It's one of the ones that I always seem to have a bottle on hand, along with Knob Creek 9 and Maker's Mark Cask Strength.
[Reply]
Page 169 of 199
« First < 69119159167168169 170171179 > Last »
Up