Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 53 of 99
« First < 343515253 545563 > Last »
General Discussion>Wristwatch collectors out there?
jsnake 08:26 PM 02-28-2012
Forgot to post my Anniversary/Valentine's gift. Yeah guys I did it right. Married on Valentine's Day.

[Reply]
BHalbrooks 11:45 PM 02-29-2012
:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:41 AM 03-05-2012
I made my own strap... Leather is fun to work with... though i suck at this point.. I will get better.

[Reply]
Volusianator 11:19 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Forgot to post my Anniversary/Valentine's gift. Yeah guys I did it right. Married on Valentine's Day.

I can't even tell you how many times I've looked at that watch. A week or so back I found a site that had a smokin hot deal on it and still didn't pull the trigger. Is the face the same shade of orange as the band? In all Invictas stock photos, the orange seems different.

Great looking watch man.
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:20 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
I made my own strap... Leather is fun to work with... though i suck at this point.. I will get better.
F that man, that strap looks fantastic!
[Reply]
Jasonw560 11:42 AM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
:-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 11:47 AM 03-05-2012
I only have a cheap Fossil watch, love your nice watches fellas! Always wanted to have a nice watch collection but still can't justify spending that kind of money on one, gorgeous though. Bobby that strap is very good looking brother!!!
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 12:31 PM 03-05-2012
Some paisley tooling on dark brown leather would look real unique and "British" to go with your brand's namesake. Is that a on piece of leather of two bonded together? Hard to tell in picture
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:55 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Some paisley tooling on dark brown leather would look real unique and "British" to go with your brand's namesake. Is that a on piece of leather of two bonded together? Hard to tell in picture
It is a 4mm thick single piece.

Thanks for the kind words guys... i see the flaws easily as i was the creator.
[Reply]
Volusianator 04:46 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i see the flaws easily as i was the creator.
I'm the same way with my woodworking.
[Reply]
jsnake 06:31 PM 03-05-2012
I can't even tell you how many times I've looked at that watch. A week or so back I found a site that had a smokin hot deal on it and still didn't pull the trigger. Is the face the same shade of orange as the band? In all Invictas stock photos, the orange seems different.

Great looking watch man.
Yes. There is one that actually has a red face but this is the one that is all orange. My wife picked it out because I have most other colors. It looks amazing in person so next time grab one.
[Reply]
Volusianator 08:56 PM 03-05-2012
Originally Posted by jsnake:
Yes. There is one that actually has a red face but this is the one that is all orange. My wife picked it out because I have most other colors. It looks amazing in person so next time grab one.
Will do!
[Reply]
markem 11:58 AM 03-08-2012
Gotta decide if this is my next new watch. Love it in the two-tone, but can't find any easily postable pics (but not in love with the leather band on the two-tone).

[Reply]
Volusianator 12:33 PM 03-08-2012
Very pretty watch Mark.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 08:21 AM 03-09-2012
Very pretty watch Mark.
Yachmaster II, I think is Rolex most new compelling model in a long time. I do like GMT's and Rolex has done a good job with them over the years.

[Reply]
croatan 04:18 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by croatan:
Just got this yesterday. Speedmaster Professional 3570.50 ("moonwatch"). I have a panda dial (white with black subdials) as well as silver hands on order. My plan is to have a local watchmaker switch them out for me--Omega made 300 of this style for the Japanese market 10+ years ago but I've not seen one for sale so I'm just building my own. Will post more pics if/when that happens. For now, though, I am really enjoying this watch as-is.

Ok. After taking much longer than I anticipated to get the new dial and hands, the conversion is done:
[Reply]
Boz 04:33 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by croatan:
Ok. After taking much longer than I anticipated to get the new dial and hands, the conversion is done:
Very nice :-) I've been looking at Omega's lately and will probably get one later this year.
[Reply]
sevans105 04:40 PM 03-09-2012
Ok guys, figured i'd ask you.

My brother is currently over in SE Asia and just sent me an email asking if I wanted a "replica". Now, finances preclude me from getting the actual watch I want (Cartier Tank) but as a replica...$30. Actually, any watch is $30.

So, the question for you guys......if money was no object....say you won the powerball...... What watch, or watches, would you want to have?
[Reply]
mase 04:56 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:

My brother is currently over in SE Asia and just sent me an email asking if I wanted a "replica". Now, finances preclude me from getting the actual watch I want (Cartier Tank) but as a replica...$30. Actually, any watch is $30.

So, the question for you guys......if money was no object....say you won the powerball...... What watch, or watches, would you want to have?
I would love to get a Breitling Bentley. I love that crisscross bezel design.

[Reply]
goomer 05:03 PM 03-09-2012
Originally Posted by sevans105:

I wouldn't go with a cheap replica. It won't last. The good reps out of asia are still in the hundreds of dollars. Much cheaper than the gens that are thousands, but sill expensive. The expensive reps will generally last longer though.
[Reply]
Page 53 of 99
« First < 343515253 545563 > Last »
Up