Yes. I am a NC cigar snob. 6 4.44%
Yes. But, I smoke top shelf from any country. Only the best! 16 11.85%
No. I am not a cigar snob. I smoke ANYTHING. 28 20.74%
Sometimes I am a cigar snob. Brands matter but taste rules all. 63 46.67%
Sometimes I am a cigar snob. When I can afford to be. 12 8.89%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
All Cigar Discussion>Are you a cigar 'snob'? (poll)
Neens 10:33 PM 03-06-2011
I will try anything thats not a flavored cigar. I seem to smoke some of the more popular names more often than not but thats just because it's what I enjoy the most.
[Reply]
Whipper Snapper 10:44 PM 03-06-2011
Perhaps a cigar snob is someone who verbally assaults another about their choice of cigars.
That being said,
MMM, Habanos.
[Reply]
audio1der 09:27 AM 03-08-2011
I make no pretense that Cuban cigars are better. I just enjoy them more, so that's all I smoke. Life is too short to smoke cigars you don't 100% enjoy.
YMMV
[Reply]
maninblack 09:38 AM 03-08-2011
I'll try just about anything once, cigarwise. Life's too short to not try things.
[Reply]
kickerb 09:43 AM 03-08-2011
never had a CC, so that option is out the window :-)
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 10:21 AM 03-08-2011
I thought the poll was asking if I was a Cigar Slob! I'm always getting ashes all over myself, so I answered Yes.

MCS
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 10:45 AM 03-08-2011
I choose quality, regardless of what country it's from. You cant put a price on something great... :-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 10:59 AM 03-08-2011
I'll try most cigars once (that leaves out pseudo cigars like blunts, and most flavored sticks). Not going to buy a pricey cigar just because it's pricey, though. I've had too many $2-3 sticks that smoke as well or better than $10-20 sticks!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 10:59 AM 03-08-2011
If smoking what you like and can afford with no lifestyle impacts is considered snobbish by some... well consideration needs to be given to whom the snob label best applies to.

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Blueface 11:06 AM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I thought the poll was asking if I was a Cigar Slob! I'm always getting ashes all over myself, so I answered Yes.

MCS
:-)

Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
If smoking what you like and can afford with no lifestyle impacts is considered snobbish by some... well consideration needs to be given to whom the snob label best applies to.

:-):-):-)
You snob you.:-)
[Reply]
Blueface 12:09 PM 03-08-2011
Since the OP probably never saw my question as that is what ignore lists are for, I figured I would "bump" this thread and define the root or key word "snob" based on my Google skills. Once that was accomplished, adding cigar to the front and understanding the meaning was easy.

Snob defined is as follows:

–noun
1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is condescending or overbearing to others.
2. a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field: a musical snob.

Key words here are "condescending", "overbearing" and "disdainful".
Personally knowing many of the folks that have responded on this thread, adding cigar to this meaning does not define you in any way.
I may be a litany of things but because I enjoy the finer things in life whenever and every time I can, I guess I now know I cannot participate in this poll.

If need be, I can also google those new three words.:-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 12:29 PM 03-08-2011
Carlos, I think you will need someone other than myself to quote you on your last post for any actual impact on the elusive "snobbery distinction and definition."
[Reply]
landhoney 12:37 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by Blueface:
Since the OP probably never saw my question as that is what ignore lists are for, I figured I would "bump" this thread and define the root or key word "snob" based on my Google skills. Once that was accomplished, adding cigar to the front and understanding the meaning was easy.

Snob defined is as follows:

–noun
1. a person who imitates, cultivates, or slavishly admires social superiors and is condescending or overbearing to others.
2. a person who believes himself or herself an expert or connoisseur in a given field and is condescending toward or disdainful of those who hold other opinions or have different tastes regarding this field: a musical snob.

Key words here are "condescending", "overbearing" and "disdainful".
Personally knowing many of the folks that have responded on this thread, adding cigar to this meaning does not define you in any way.
I may be a litany of things but because I enjoy the finer things in life whenever and every time I can, I guess I now know I cannot participate in this poll.

If need be, I can also google those new three words.:-)
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
Carlos, I think you will need someone other than myself to quote you on your last post for any actual impact on the elusive "snobbery distinction and definition."
Yahtzee!
[Reply]
Blueface 12:37 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by replicant_argent:
You too?
Get out of here!!!:-)
[Reply]
landhoney 12:40 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by icehog3:
I smoke what I like, and like what I smoke. You should do the same.
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
25k+ posts and not one more spot on than this!
5K+ of Tom's post are him saying this exact statement though. :-):-):-)

Tom, keep beating the drum though, your posts always apply and help put things in perspective. :-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:25 PM 03-08-2011
I did not respond to the poll, but I never aspired to be a Cigar Snob. I like to enjoy my cigars. I have some that I like more than others. I'm not locke into any particular brand and I do like trying new things. I like both NC's and CC's, and while I don't much care for Acids, Swishers, etc., I realize that many people like those sticks and it's not for me to put them down for it just because they do...

Live and let live, or as others have quoted: Smoke What You Like, Like What You Smoke!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:19 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by landhoney:
5K+ of Tom's post are him saying this exact statement though. :-):-):-)

Tom, keep beating the drum though, your posts always apply and help put things in perspective. :-)
I can't help myself even if I wanted to, Seth! :-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 04:16 PM 03-08-2011
yeah...a brand snob. But I also like to try new smokes when I find them.
[Reply]
N2 GOLD 05:09 PM 03-08-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
I'll try most cigars once (that leaves out pseudo cigars like blunts, and most flavored sticks). Not going to buy a pricey cigar just because it's pricey, though. I've had too many $2-3 sticks that smoke as well or better than $10-20 sticks!
I'm with you on this one, quality can come in the form of a $2-$3 stick. The ROSA CUBA I get from JR Cigars are real good with a little age. They have them on sell right now bundle of 20 :

GOVERNORS 6.12 x 50 $18.95
HERENCIA 4.5 x 52 $15.95

These are the ones I get...
[Reply]
alfredo_buscatti 05:08 AM 03-10-2011
Most of my smokes are in the $5-$8 range, usually at the lower end, because I refuse to pay more, which is not to say that I don't covet the Tatuajes and Fuentes, but the thought of paying the same amount for a higher priced box when I could have gotten two perfectly acceptable boxes makes my mouth sour.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up