Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Coolers for storage
DBall 08:20 AM 04-07-2011
I was searching for something bigger and found these:

http://www.target.com/Iris-Stor-All-.../dp/B000KA33Q8

81 qt each... and 4 for, like, $130 shipped total... not to mention airtight?

Sweet.

I'm gonna fill two of them (by emptying out the 2 other, non-matching coolers I have full already), throw some beads in there, and lose them in a nice and cool area.

Running out of space sucks... this should keep that problem at bay for a time. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:21 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by DBall:

Running out of space sucks...
What a horrible problem to have sir! :-)
[Reply]
replicant_argent 08:29 AM 04-07-2011
looks like awesome X4 to me, Dan. A very enviable problem to have. :-)
[Reply]
Christiel49 08:33 AM 04-07-2011
Very nice plan!!!
[Reply]
OLS 08:43 AM 04-07-2011
IF they are airtight, that sounds good. And hell most coolers can't even get that part
right. Of course true, perfect airtightness is not the ultimate goal, but most of the
storage stuff that LOOKS like that is a far cry from acceptable. The more I look at em
though, the airtighter they get.
[Reply]
DBall 08:47 AM 04-07-2011
Now I just need to bite the bullet and buy beads...
[Reply]
chand 09:12 AM 04-07-2011
Interesting. I've managed to fill two coolers already so an upgrade may be in the works.
[Reply]
wayner123 09:50 AM 04-07-2011
Not to be a debbie downer, but I would try to see if your local Target has these so you can see if they are truly "airtight". Sometimes manuf. use these terms very loosely. I would also wonder on the thickness of the side walls. The advantage of traditional coolers (the ones used for cold/hot items) is that the sides are filled with foam and thus can regulate temps much better. If the sides are thin and not insulated, they would have greater fluctuation of temps. If you can't find them at Target, give Iris a call.

Here is a link to the tote: http://www.irisusainc.com/p-590-sia-760d.aspx
[Reply]
wayner123 09:51 AM 04-07-2011
Now I just need to bite the bullet and buy beads...
If they are insulated and truly airtight, you will only need 1/4 to 1/2 of the amount beads the heartfelt calculator recommends.
[Reply]
DBall 09:56 AM 04-07-2011
I was thinking of that, but I'm a fan of ease... I just ordered them and figure that if they suck, I'll take em to target and get my money back. A few reviews I've read have people saying they are, indeed, airtight.

As for the temp issue... I bet they do have fairly thin walls, that's why I was saying I was gonna bury them in a closet somewhere... in a cool room :-) I have a place in mind where temps shouldn't fluctuate too much.

I plan on keeping my one cooler for my super special boxes, though, and use these here for regular production stuff.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:57 AM 04-07-2011
$120 with free bullseye shipping? Not bad. If you have a AAA card I suggest doing it through the AAA site to get another 10% off.
[Reply]
hotreds 10:04 AM 04-07-2011
:-)
[Reply]
OLS 11:43 AM 04-07-2011
I think I eye-balled that product at Bihg Lahts one day and thought HMMmmm...
But after I inspected it, I passed...not because it was a bad product but because
my supply of cigars is actually dwindling at present and I'm freeing up coolers, not
taking on new chirrens.
[Reply]
Skywalker 01:59 PM 04-07-2011
Nice find, Dan!:-)
[Reply]
massphatness 03:00 PM 04-07-2011
I'm gonna fill two of them (by emptying out the 2 other, non-matching coolers I have full already)
Anal retentive much, Dan? :-)
[Reply]
DBall 03:44 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Anal retentive much, Dan? :-)
Hahahaha... you have no idea. You do know that I have all my boxes on a spreadsheet, right? No, seriously. I do.
[Reply]
SvilleKid 03:46 PM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by wayner123:
Not to be a debbie downer, but I would try to see if your local Target has these so you can see if they are truly "airtight". Sometimes manuf. use these terms very loosely. I would also wonder on the thickness of the side walls. The advantage of traditional coolers (the ones used for cold/hot items) is that the sides are filled with foam and thus can regulate temps much better. If the sides are thin and not insulated, they would have greater fluctuation of temps. If you can't find them at Target, give Iris a call.

This would be my concern, as well.
[Reply]
DBall 05:50 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
This would be my concern, as well.
Temperature controlled room... heat and electricity is included in my rent... :-)
[Reply]
357 08:26 AM 04-08-2011
Temperature controlled room... heat and electricity is included in my rent... :-)
My basement doesn't fluctuate much, between 55 and 65 year round. Perfect assuming I have a nice airtight container. Thanks for the link Dan.
[Reply]
MiamiE 08:38 AM 04-08-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
my supply of cigars is actually dwindling at present and I'm freeing up coolers...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up