Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Smoking In Your Vehicle
CRIMPS 03:22 PM 03-10-2011
Smoking while driving is too stressful :-)
[Reply]
guitar4001 04:12 PM 03-10-2011
i only smoke in my car...the wife's land rover is off limits.
[Reply]
kydsid 04:16 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
OK, that must be code or something, cause I have no clue what you just said!
lol, They are rock songs. One is long the other is, gotta take a really big #2 long. :-)
[Reply]
MiamiE 04:39 PM 03-10-2011
Is there any way to create a vaccum effect inside the cabin?
[Reply]
joeobx 05:13 PM 03-10-2011
I set mine mostly on feet but a little on defrost, I don't have burn issues but I have notice a lot of wrappers splitting.
[Reply]
Mr B 05:21 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
It is also with MUCH research that I have found this out, and now I pass it on to you for free.
Light your cigar and set your climate control to put out air at the feet only. Crack the window
slightly and smoke away. It is the best you're going to get. It creates positive pressure from
bottom to top helping the burn, helping air out the smoke and keeping the overall noise and breeze
to the bare minimum.
Your welcome.

I'm with Brad on this one. Vent at the feet. No fan on at all, there is always a little air coming in thru the vent. And the Drivers Window only cracked about 1/2 an inch.
Its enough flow to keep the resting smoke going out the window but not enough to speed up the burn.
This is also enough flow to exhauset the exhale. Works great for me anyway.
[Reply]
Volusianator 05:31 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Smoking while driving is too stressful :-)
That's what RELIEVES my stress!
[Reply]
Volusianator 05:32 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
as long as I am ashing in the Bobken
OK, I'm gonna try that!
[Reply]
icehog3 05:34 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
That's what RELIEVES my stress!
No doubt, my long drives would be a different story if I couldn't smoke a cigar!
[Reply]
OLS 05:43 PM 03-10-2011
Yeah, Wade, cut your crack down to 1/2 inch or even less and you will still draw smoke like crazy as long as
you are feet only, and no fan is necessary, although I guess LOW is acceptable.
[Reply]
Bill86 05:52 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by OLS:
It is also with MUCH research that I have found this out, and now I pass it on to you for free.
Light your cigar and set your climate control to put out air at the feet only. Crack the window
slightly and smoke away. It is the best you're going to get. It creates positive pressure from
bottom to top helping the burn, helping air out the smoke and keeping the overall noise and breeze
to the bare minimum.
Your welcome.
I've done this many times and I can say it works MUCH MUCH better. :-)
[Reply]
lyle23 08:08 PM 03-10-2011
Originally Posted by kickerb:
hmmm, but what about when `...And Justice for All` comes on? :-)
This is when I set the stereo to full volume, hang my cigar out of my mouth and start headbanging. :-) Cops usually arent very big fans of that perticular manuever.
[Reply]
Volusianator 12:49 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by TheLostGringo:
I love to smoke in my truck and find that it is one of my most enjoyable times. I crack or open all the way the rear window and as long as I am ashing in the Bobken as opposed to hanging it out the window I never have burn problems.
You sir may be on to something. I grabbed a Bobken out of the shop tonight and ashed in there. I had a perfect burn on a Cain Daytona on the way home tonight. As I was driving, I put my hand up to the window that I had cracked open about an inch, which is the norm for me, and it was amazing how much wind there is right around the open area. I'll test it again on the way to/from work tomorrow, looking forward to seeing the results and will let you know! :-)
[Reply]
weak_link 04:14 AM 03-11-2011
I crack my window a couple inches but also swing the shade visor over to block the gap. Seems to help diffuse the turbulence and makes for a more pleasant experience. I keep the fan on defrost/feet with a low fan speed and works out pretty well most of the time.
[Reply]
whodeeni 08:47 AM 03-11-2011
Good info fellas!:-)

Thank's for sharing.
[Reply]
T.G 09:00 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Is there any way to create a vaccum effect inside the cabin?
My car has a dual position or dual sliding sunroof, I think that's what they call them anyway, rather than just sliding straight back into the roof, I can pop the back up/open about an inch and half which creates a low pressure zone behind this "wing" and with windows closed or just slightly cracked, creates a very effective continuous draw on the cabin air at speed. That's probably about as close as you're going to get.
[Reply]
pektel 09:08 AM 03-11-2011
I thought this was just going to be a "do you smoke in your car" thread. I've never smoked in my car. I just can't stand the stale smoke that never goes away. But i'm really picky about my car. No eating in it either. I don't even like going through the drive thru with it.

My truck, on the other hand, I would smoke all day in that thing. But my longest drive is only about 15 minutes.
[Reply]
klipsch 09:18 AM 03-11-2011
The only issue I face is where to put my cigar when I want to take a sip of my Diet Coke. Except when it's raining...my sun roof is always open. I won't even think of lighting up in the car unless it's an hour and a half drive or more, home. That being the case...it's going to be a robusto or larger cigar. I don't find burn issues to be much of a problem for the most part. But correcting the burn while juggling the steering wheel, cigar and a torch lighter in bright sun light at 80 mph...isn't the brightest idea. So between that, and not wanting to take a chance of the cigar falling out of my ashtray and burning something...I have to say that my vehicle smoking is extremely limited.
[Reply]
HK3- 09:32 AM 03-11-2011
I would suggest trying the "running your cigar under tap water" trick before heading out the door to your vehicle. Sounds to me that because your humidity is so low up there that it is drying out your cigar which would cause the inverted cone ash. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:36 AM 03-11-2011
Originally Posted by klipsch:
The only issue I face is where to put my cigar when I want to take a sip of my Diet Coke.
Cigar Minder

I love these things, for the golf cart, truck, where ever. In my truck I clip it on the handle by my door, perfect! However I have left a half dozen or so on golf carts.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up