Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Job Site Sticks.
flat6nut 07:55 PM 04-22-2009
I bought a new camera phone with some pretty decent quality, and since I recently took a job with a previous employer that offers me alot of outdoor time...

I thought it would be cool to post pics and mini reviews of my daily smokes with a little added "whats going on around me" shots.

!!! Thread Warning !!!
Any review by me is purely from a cigar speek newbie. The only thing I truely know about cigars is wether or not I like them. I am always trying out new smokes, as well as smoking many of the ones I already enjoy.

The first cigar I will offer up is one that I smoke ALOT. La Fontana It is a mild cigar with a sweet gum head, so the first 30 mins or so is pretty sweet. Not a java sweet, but a perfect morning mild cigar. This was smoked day before yesterday.

It was a rainy day so alot of this thing was smoked inside my truck.

Michael
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:58 PM 04-22-2009
Great pics! Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
MedicCook 08:06 PM 04-22-2009
That is the job I want to have. Sit in the dry truck and smoke a cigar while watching the other guys work in the rain. :-) Are you looking for an assistant?

Thanks for the review and pics.
[Reply]
huero71 08:10 PM 04-22-2009
This is a very cool idea. I might have to borrow it from you someday. :-)
[Reply]
flat6nut 09:04 PM 04-22-2009
Yesterdays smoke...

AF Anejo. You can never go wrong with an AF. Very nice smooth medium/full flavor stick. I call these the Opus in a maduro wrapper. Anejos are my faveorite AF.

Job site mini herf.

It does not get much better than this.

Ash is hard to come by while walking.

Michael
[Reply]
MedicCook 09:08 PM 04-22-2009
Nice pictures. Definately a better day for smoking.
[Reply]
dunng 07:27 AM 04-23-2009
Very nice! Whatcha building? :-)
[Reply]
karmaz00 09:25 AM 04-23-2009
thats awesome. thanks for sharing
[Reply]
flat6nut 02:59 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Very nice! Whatcha building? :-)

Thanks. I will give you a hint as to what is being built...look at the third picture from the top. The reflection of one of my plans is on the window. :-)

I work for an engineering company that was contracted to do all of consulting, inspections, and materials testing.

Will post more pics shortly.

Michael
[Reply]
dunng 03:45 PM 04-23-2009
Nice! Pretty low roof though... :-)
[Reply]
acarr 03:52 PM 04-23-2009
Is the Wallyworld going to be selling those Anejo's?
[Reply]
Scottw 03:56 PM 04-23-2009
You Hiring?
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:01 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by acarr:
Is the Wallyworld going to be selling those Anejo's?

I wish! :-)
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:02 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by Scottw:
You Hiring?
Are you a CWI?
[Reply]
flat6nut 04:14 PM 04-23-2009
Yesterday's smoke... Perdomo Reserve "Champagne". Now this cigar really surprised me with alot of flavor...mild to medium, but still kept me wanting more after I nubbed it. My only complaint about it, was the chissel tip did not seem full enough of tobacco. I was worried I would bite it in half if I put too much pressure on it.

Michael
[Reply]
Starscream 04:17 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
That is the job I want to have. Sit in the dry truck and smoke a cigar while watching the other guys work in the rain. :-) Are you looking for an assistant?

Thanks for the review and pics.
:-)

Great idea for a thread! Keep this one going!:-)
[Reply]
BigAl_SC 04:47 PM 04-23-2009
Originally Posted by flat6nut:
Yesterday's smoke... Perdomo Reserve "Champagne". Now this cigar really surprised me with alot of flavor...mild to medium, but still kept me wanting more after I nubbed it. My only complaint about it, was the chissel tip did not seem full enough of tobacco. I was worried I would bite it in half if I put too much pressure on it.

Michael
Very nice. This is one that kicked me down the slope.... Maybe tomorrow I can find one stashed somewhere here and bring back memories of the beginning of the fall.... I also work out of a truck and smoke between stops. (can't remember an anejo as a truck smoke though.:-))
[Reply]
flat6nut 05:02 PM 04-23-2009
Todays...Punch, Rare Corojo. I had something else in mind for this morning, but after being handed this little cute thing...how could I resist.

I have smoked alot of new cigars (new to me) lately, and like this one...are now on my smoke again list. This bowling ball pin shaped cigar was a full flavor but very smooth. Lit this baby up at around 8:30 am.

Now my after lunch smoke was going to be special. I have never smoked one before, but a couple weekends ago I broke down and bought one. I figured since I was spending too much money on a stick, it might as well buy a tubo as a reminder.

Davidoff, Aniv.#3 I was comparring it to a $4 smoke that I normally smoke alot of...then after reaching the midway point of this stick I really started to love the flavors heating up. This thing put out big smoke , but definitely something I can not justify spending the coin on...I could buy two Anejos for the price of the Doff.
[Reply]
flat6nut 05:03 PM 04-23-2009

Stuck truck,:-)

Good to the last nub.

Michael
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 05:03 PM 04-23-2009
So jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 11
1 23 > Last »
Up