Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3111213 14 >
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Dark Lord Day 2011
awsmith4 09:06 PM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
If you go to cigar city I better damn be in the car with you!!!:-)
Hunahpu day was a month ago, sadly missed that too...
[Reply]
pnoon 09:17 PM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
Huna-who?
[Reply]
awsmith4 09:28 PM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Huna-who?
'Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout with Peruvian cacao nibs, ancho & pasilla chiles, Madagascar vanilla beans, and cinnamon.'

It is really tasty :-)

Seth had a thread posted about the brewery release. It generates some good turn out but nothing like DLD
[Reply]
pnoon 09:30 PM 04-23-2011
'Marshal Zhukov's Imperial Stout with Peruvian cacao nibs, ancho & pasilla chiles, Madagascar vanilla beans, and cinnamon.'

It is really tasty :-)

Seth had a thread posted about the brewery release. It generates some good turn out but nothing like DLD
I'm just phuckin' witcha, Albert.
It's good stuff.
[Reply]
whodeeni 09:31 PM 04-23-2011
sounds like we missed out on a good one bro...

http://atlantabeermaster.com/cigar-c...-2011-details/

Oh well..... there's always Shack!:-)
[Reply]
ODLS1 11:50 PM 04-23-2011
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
Damn dude! Can you say herf at your house!:-)
This can be arranged.. I also have a 6-tap keggerator. About to keg up an Imperial Smoked Porter (10% abv). Also, the beer is officially at 16% abv. Went from 1.150 to 1.030 SG. Seriously though for some of you Georgian's, my mom has a place in Dahlonega as a second house (she moved there then got married and is living in KY with stepdad). I could make one happen in either, or both, places. Beer, Bourbon, and Cigars. Can't beat it.

Also, for my 100th batch (next is my 84th) I will be completely insane and scaling that 16% abv beer up. Shooting for 25% abv.... I'm serious. The grain bill will yield a little over 20% abv (70lbs of grain, 40% efficiency, at 1.05 qt/lb, 1st running no sparge), assuming fermentation goes well (A LOT involved in getting that right, like injecting pure O2), then I will be adding Kentucky Sorghum Syrup and Sucrose to push the yeast to it's absolute limit. We'll see how that goes... :-)
[Reply]
St. Lou Stu 02:22 PM 04-24-2011
Ya forgot one....

1. ODLS1
2. Jbailey
3. IBQTEE1
4. Me
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:51 PM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by ODLS1:
This can be arranged.. I also have a 6-tap keggerator. About to keg up an Imperial Smoked Porter (10% abv). Also, the beer is officially at 16% abv. Went from 1.150 to 1.030 SG. Seriously though for some of you Georgian's, my mom has a place in Dahlonega as a second house (she moved there then got married and is living in KY with stepdad). I could make one happen in either, or both, places. Beer, Bourbon, and Cigars. Can't beat it.

Also, for my 100th batch (next is my 84th) I will be completely insane and scaling that 16% abv beer up. Shooting for 25% abv.... I'm serious. The grain bill will yield a little over 20% abv (70lbs of grain, 40% efficiency, at 1.05 qt/lb, 1st running no sparge), assuming fermentation goes well (A LOT involved in getting that right, like injecting pure O2), then I will be adding Kentucky Sorghum Syrup and Sucrose to push the yeast to it's absolute limit. We'll see how that goes... :-)

Ok, this sounds insane. Where in KY are you again!? If you have people down for the 100th batch, do let me know!! :-)

I'm often down in Louisville and Lexington for work and always looking for more people to herf with. I'll actually be in Louisville all next week (Mon-Sun) doing events during Derby week. Hit me up if your in the area.
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:27 PM 04-25-2011
1. ODLS1
2. Jbailey
3. IBQTEE1
4. St. Lou Stu
5. Icehog3
[Reply]
Sean9689 08:39 PM 04-25-2011
That was an awesome release! Def marking it down as a "must-go" annually.

Should be at DLD around noon...prob not bringing any cigars, as I don't really like to mix cigars and beer. We have a pretty huge crew heading there...lots of tasty rarities. :-) I'll try to look you guys up.
[Reply]
Jbailey 08:49 PM 04-25-2011
1. ODLS1
2. Jbailey
3. IBQTEE1
4. St. Lou Stu
5. Icehog3
6. Sobranie10
[Reply]
ODLS1 09:52 PM 04-25-2011
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Ok, this sounds insane. Where in KY are you again!? If you have people down for the 100th batch, do let me know!! :-)

I'm often down in Louisville and Lexington for work and always looking for more people to herf with. I'll actually be in Louisville all next week (Mon-Sun) doing events during Derby week. Hit me up if your in the area.
I am currently in Lexington but from Louisville. Moving back to Louisville in June. Maybe I can throw something together this summer once I get settled in my new house. Hoping I can find a nice one for a nice price. That 100th batch won't be for a couple months or more anyway, but a nice get-together for it sounds like a good idea. We can enjoy it's smaller brother (Monolith, the 16% abv stout), along with plenty of other brews. It will be an alll day brew, since I will be doing 2 more beers off that same mash. 2nd runnings should yield another big Stout. 3rd maybe an Extra Stout, not sure. I'll let you and other know when I figure things out.

I was thinking about this earlier, as much as I want to smoke cigars at DLD, I will be trying so many awesome beers I don't want to wreck my palette with some cigars. I love pairing the two, but this is a little different. I can't wait though. I may bring one for later in the day.
[Reply]
BengalMan 05:57 AM 04-26-2011
Sounds good man, look forward to having an opportunity to try some of those this Summer as I won't be able to attend DLD this year due to prior commitments. I'll gladly bring the cigars for the event!

Do let me know once things start shaping off so I can be sure to put it on the calendar.
[Reply]
ODLS1 11:13 AM 04-26-2011
Will do. Should I post a thread in this section or the Herf section? I guess the Herf section would be more ideal.
[Reply]
OLS 11:28 AM 04-26-2011
For this thing coming this weekend, you homosapiens are pretty quiet....
None of that "I can't believe it's almost here" business, or "Three more DAYS!"
Is it cancelled or soething?
[Reply]
ODLS1 12:02 PM 04-26-2011
4 MORE DAYS OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!111

I wonder how differen't it's going to be this year. Much less crowded than last year I suspect, since it's an admission ticket this time. Last year was nuts.
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 12:27 PM 04-26-2011
Just a reminder: I'm willing to help any of you guys use an extra ticket if one should end up needing that assistance. :-)
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 01:10 PM 04-26-2011
You don't want to be too excited yet because it is 4 days away. Come Thurs/Fri things will change.
[Reply]
IBQTEE1 01:12 PM 04-28-2011
Just doing a quick line change:

1. ODLS1
2. Jbailey
3. IBQTEE1
4. St. Lou Stu
Icehog3 - Not coming :-)
5. Sobranie10
6. Gonesledn
7. Mrssledn?

Only 2 days away!! :-)
[Reply]
MrsSledn 07:00 PM 04-28-2011
You can remove my name from the list. And I really wanted to go to this too. But I have to stay home and watch mine and Wes's son.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3111213 14 >
Up