Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Aristocrat Cleaning/Polishing
Negncic 09:39 PM 03-11-2010
Recently I purchased a used Aristocrat. If I remember correctly the gentleman I purchased this fromtold me he bought it in 2001. What should I be using (if anything) to clean and or polish the outside?
Thanks
[Reply]
Darrell 09:41 PM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by Negncic:
Recently I purchased a used Aristocrat. If I remember correctly the gentleman I purchased this fromtold me he bought it in 2001. What should I be using (if anything) to clean and or polish the outside?
Thanks
I would imagine any wood polish would work just fine.
[Reply]
bob staebell 06:36 AM 03-12-2010
I suggest the following. Day to day cleaning or dusting use a feather duster or lambs wool or a soft cotton cloth lightly dampened with water. The usual furniture polishes are fine as well.

Once or twice a year polish with a wax that has carnuba & beeswax content. Minwax is a common brand & can be found in most home centers or hardware stores. They have several different colors of wax. Light for maple, natural mahogany, etc & some darker colors for dark red mahogany, black walnut, etc.

Do not routinely wipe down with a dry cloth. The dust will act as a very fine abrasive & over time will dull the finish.

cheers,
Bob Staebell
[Reply]
Negncic 10:50 AM 03-12-2010
Excellent. Thank you Bob.
[Reply]
Up