Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Gotta love Xikar
bigswol2 05:19 PM 03-05-2010
The warranty on the lighters rocks. I just went to a local shop with my broken Executive and the shop let me trade it in on a Element. Add 29 dollars even and I just left with this new dual flamed beauty. Thanks Xikar!
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:02 AM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by bigswol2:
The warranty on the lighters rocks. I just went to a local shop with my broken Executive and the shop let me trade it in on a Element. Add 29 dollars even and I just left with this new dual flamed beauty. Thanks Xikar!
I have an Element and I love it! Did you sent for the free leather pouch?
[Reply]
Mugen910 07:00 AM 03-06-2010
I believe palio does the same. It is a great convenience.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
G G 07:03 AM 03-06-2010
Nice
[Reply]
CasaDooley 09:22 AM 03-06-2010
Xikar is good people!:-)
[Reply]
eber 11:40 AM 03-06-2010
I am getting ready to send all my Xikar products (multi-tool, 2 Xi cutters and a plunge lighter) mainly to just have the cutters sharpened and the lighter fixed. I expect a smooth experience as always.
[Reply]
Goldie 12:00 PM 03-06-2010
I just sent both of my Xikar hygro's along with my Xi Zebrawood cutter. The hygro's have been very disappointing. the first one crapped out in just a few months, and the other one today fell out of my vino and onto a carpeted floor, and quit working.

Hopefully I will have a smooth transaction though.
[Reply]
captain53 12:05 PM 03-06-2010
Xikar has a great warranty program and honors it very well BUT unfortunately you have to use the warranty all too much. Their products look good and feel good but often don't work worth a crap and don't hold up from my experiences. A lot of posts here on how great they honored the warranty but not many on not needing to use the warranty.
[Reply]
rhmalone 12:09 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by CasaDooley:
Xikar is good people!:-)
:-) Knock on wood, but I've yet to have a problem with my Xikar lighter and even if I do, I know I'll be taken care of.

My only Xikar complaint is the small fuel tank on the lighter.
[Reply]
MTBAlex 12:36 PM 03-06-2010
I love my Xikar cutter, lighter and cigar case. and I know they'll take care of me if they fail.
[Reply]
MikeyC 02:47 PM 03-06-2010
Originally Posted by rhmalone:
:-) Knock on wood, but I've yet to have a problem with my Xikar lighter and even if I do, I know I'll be taken care of.

My only Xikar complaint is the small fuel tank on the lighter.
:-)

I've been using a Xikar lighter for a few years and it's been rock solid for me. The fuel tank is a bit small but that's my only complaint. I just bought my second Xikar lighter and it's been great too!
[Reply]
sodomanaz 03:07 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by captain53:
Xikar has a great warranty program and honors it very well BUT unfortunately you have to use the warranty all too much. Their products look good and feel good but often don't work worth a crap and don't hold up from my experiences. A lot of posts here on how great they honored the warranty but not many on not needing to use the warranty.
General rule of thumb: People who are generally satisfied don't speak up as much as those who are unsatisfied.

I have two Xikar Xi2 cutters and a 008 punch and a Wolf punch. I haven't used the warranty once on any of the products. Of course I do expect to use it at some point for sharpening.
[Reply]
DPD6030 06:13 AM 03-09-2010
Originally Posted by sodomanaz:
General rule of thumb: People who are generally satisfied don't speak up as much as those who are unsatisfied.

I have two Xikar Xi2 cutters and a 008 punch and a Wolf punch. I haven't used the warranty once on any of the products. Of course I do expect to use it at some point for sharpening.
:-), how else would I get my punch and/or cutter sharpened. That's the only reason I've used the warranty and it was great. Not only did they not sharpen what I sent in but they gave me a brand new cutter and punch! Top notch :-)
[Reply]
nater 06:23 AM 03-09-2010
My new Xi2 has been cutting strangely (leaving a portion in the middle cut higher then the rest)... May be giving them a call..
[Reply]
Coz77 06:24 AM 03-09-2010

5+ Years and still working great!....love my Xikar set. However... Summer is just around the corner and my cigar consumption is about to go way up. Might as well send them in for a free tune up :-)
[Reply]
bigswol2 03:29 PM 03-10-2010
Good to hear I'm not the only one happy with their customer service!
[Reply]
Up