Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Drawer Humidor..
colinb913 06:50 PM 02-23-2010
I have a old dresser that I don't use anymore. I have a hygrometer that I stuck in one of the drawers overnight, and when I woke up the humidity was at 68.. It is in the basement, and the temperature inside the drawer is about 68/69/70*. Do you guys think I would be ok to use this as a humidor?
[Reply]
Bloodshot 01:29 PM 02-24-2010
In my experience about the only way a regular dresser is going to work as a humidor is if you use it to store a bunch of tupper-dors or small cooler-dors that fit inside the drawers. The temp seems ok, but you will likely never hold any humidity.

No pics, but the one I did, I built a box inside one of the drawers. It worked ok at best. The problem is there is no sealing of the drawers and to seal them would be more work and supplies than it would be worth. Better off with a hutch, armoire or abandoned refrigerator.

This is just my experience, yours may differ greatly.
Best of luck.
-Bloodshot
[Reply]
colinb913 05:56 PM 02-24-2010
Just emptied the mini fridge in the basement, turned off the temp (was I right here) and put some butter dishes of water to try to get the humidity up until I get some beads. Sound good?
[Reply]
colinb913 07:03 PM 02-24-2010

Here are two pics, one of the fridge, and one of the freezer on the top, I was taking a picture of the bottom one, and my phone died :-)
[Reply]
eber 09:34 PM 02-24-2010
you will probably be better off just getting a cooler, fridges seem to have a bad odor after they have been used for food and such and then turned off even if they are cleaned well
[Reply]
Up