Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 7
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Entertainment>Old School/Retro Gaming: What are You Playing?
Starscream 02:43 PM 06-27-2012
MY SNES has been collecting dust for the past 10 yrs b/c I got mad and threw the tv at the wall (I'm well beyond that point in my life) and ripped the coaxial cable in two. I realized this week that the composite cable for the Gamecube works with the SNES, so I dug the SNES and games out of the garage (took me 5 hours to find it all) and I'm having the time of my life! I always hated Starfox and Super Star Wars b/c they were too daggum hard, but now they have been a blast and maybe due to my age, a whole lot easier. Who knew?!?
[Reply]
Jefft72 03:58 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:
Played some Guardian Legend on NES the other day.
Also played the Sonic CD demo on the PS3.
Holy cow, Guardian Legend really brings back some memories!

Here is a pic of 2 of my young`ens with their first attempts at Mario. I had the bug to hook up the NES after sitting for years in a closet.

[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 05:00 AM 07-02-2012
I always hated Starfox and Super Star Wars b/c they were too daggum hard, but now they have been a blast and maybe due to my age, a whole lot easier. Who knew?!?
I felt that way about the Castlevania games from the 80s, early 90s. They used to torment me when I was little, brutal difficulty curve. But for whatever reason, one summer two years ago I dusted off the old NES and SNES and tore through ALL of them. Aside from having to check the internet for a little help with Simons Quest (WTF, kneel randomly at a lake for a tornado to come and take you away!?), I crushed all of them. it was incredibly satisfying, like tying up a loose end from my childhood :-)
[Reply]
Jbailey 05:20 AM 07-02-2012
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Aside from having to check the internet for a little help with Simons Quest (WTF, kneel randomly at a lake for a tornado to come and take you away!?)
I remember having some gaming books and that was in there. By far the most obscure and crazy way to get to any final boss. Since that game was so wide open and no real mention on how to do anything it was F*cking hard!
[Reply]
MrWolf55 10:24 PM 07-09-2012
Just dusted off the old NES a couple days ago and have been wearing these two suckers OUT:
Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
[Reply]
Starscream 02:14 PM 07-14-2012
Originally Posted by Jbailey:
I remember having some gaming books and that was in there. By far the most obscure and crazy way to get to any final boss. Since that game was so wide open and no real mention on how to do anything it was F*cking hard!
You pretty much have to have a strategy guide to get through that game. It did have an epic soundtrack though.
Originally Posted by MrWolf55:
Just dusted off the old NES a couple days ago and have been wearing these two suckers OUT:
Image Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I've got Skate or Die 2 and hate it. Probably b/c I suck at it.

I picked up a couple games for the SNES and NES this week:
SNES -
T2: The Arcade game
Batman Returns

NES -
Vindicators
Jeopardy
[Reply]
Starscream 02:16 PM 07-14-2012
I felt that way about the Castlevania games from the 80s, early 90s. They used to torment me when I was little, brutal difficulty curve. But for whatever reason, one summer two years ago I dusted off the old NES and SNES and tore through ALL of them. Aside from having to check the internet for a little help with Simons Quest (WTF, kneel randomly at a lake for a tornado to come and take you away!?), I crushed all of them. it was incredibly satisfying, like tying up a loose end from my childhood :-)
Do you remember which ending you got for Simon's Quest? That one had one good ending, and multiple bad endings if I remember correctly.
[Reply]
AECUSN 06:38 PM 07-14-2012
Still rocking a lot of NES/SNES games. But lately have been playing PS 1 games
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Starscream 04:42 PM 07-16-2012
Taking a break from Uncharted 3 to play Majora's Mask. I got it for free on the VC, and it's definitely NOT my favorite Zelda game by any means.
[Reply]
Taki 04:54 PM 07-16-2012
Contra and Castlevania for Nintendo :u and pretty much all 75 games I have :-)
Love Atari (old school systm) too but my sister has that, we trade every two years!
[Reply]
MrWolf55 05:28 PM 07-16-2012
I've got Skate or Die 2 and hate it. Probably b/c I suck at it.
Yeah this game has always been impossible for me. I always get to the level where you have to ride around the beach and pick up all the halfpipe plans and they're blowing away....f'ing impossible. Must have spent hours trying to beat it as a kid. :-)
And so it is with most NES games for me it seems...either beatable within a few hours or completely impossible no matter how much I played it. Never really seemed to be much in between.
[Reply]
Starscream 08:07 PM 07-21-2012
Some games took me years to finally beat, but some I think are impossible due to poor controls. I think both Skate or Die games fall in the poor controls category.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:14 AM 07-22-2012
Do you remember which ending you got for Simon's Quest? That one had one good ending, and multiple bad endings if I remember correctly.
I got the died from wounds ending :-)
[Reply]
Starscream 08:24 AM 07-23-2012
I got the died from wounds ending :-)
Simon dies in all three endings (I just found out).
Here's a video that shows all three endings:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHbGPOdcyuo
[Reply]
Starscream 04:48 PM 08-10-2012
Originally Posted by Jefft72:
Holy cow, Guardian Legend really brings back some memories!

Here is a pic of 2 of my young`ens with their first attempts at Mario. I had the bug to hook up the NES after sitting for years in a closet.

I love this pic! Always a good thing when you introduce the kids to the classics! My kids love all of the original Super Mario games on the NES, but I've tried to no avail to get them to enjoy Pac-man, Burgertime, Pole Position, Dig-Dug, or Frogger. I have gotten them addicted to the light gun games on the NES though (Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley). My youngest son pronounces Duck Hunt as "Duck kunt".:-)
[Reply]
Starscream 05:12 PM 09-09-2012
Pac-man Championship Edition DX is awesome. New game that brings back that old school Pac-Man feel. It's addictive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cjz4EuGBrw
[Reply]
drevim 11:24 PM 09-09-2012
Didn't see it mentioned, but if you have an Ipad (or iphone, although it's tougher with a dpad control), check out Activition Anthology. Not the same as having the old 2600 system, but for $7 you get 45 old school games, including Pitfall. This is a direct port, not one of the crappy remakes they have tried over the years.
[Reply]
Starscream 02:19 PM 09-10-2012
God bless Activision for all they did for the industry.
[Reply]
Jefft72 02:23 PM 09-10-2012
I love this pic! Always a good thing when you introduce the kids to the classics! My kids love all of the original Super Mario games on the NES, but I've tried to no avail to get them to enjoy Pac-man, Burgertime, Pole Position, Dig-Dug, or Frogger. I have gotten them addicted to the light gun games on the NES though (Duck Hunt and Hogan's Alley). My youngest son pronounces Duck Hunt as "Duck kunt".:-)
I need to find a light gun to plug into my NES. There is no telling where the original is, but Duck Hunt would be fun and the kids would have fun with it.
[Reply]
mmblz 02:38 PM 09-10-2012
Rogue :-)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_(video_game)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
« First < 234 56 > Last »
Up