Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
General Discussion>Curtailing travel?
hotreds 01:36 PM 03-07-2020
Wondering if anyone is changing travel plans due to the current situation. Mama and I still plan on heading to spring training in Az on Wednesday. A friend did cancel his Caribbean cruise- but another is currently enjoying his with his family.
[Reply]
markem 01:37 PM 03-07-2020
We have 4 trips booked and don’t plan to cancel any.
[Reply]
CigarNut 02:55 PM 03-07-2020
We just got back from a Caribbean cruise and all was fine. Lots of hand washing and sanitizing. I would do it again, even though I’m in the “at-risk” category.

We still plan to visit WDW and take other trips... How much do you let “what-if?” interfere with your life?
[Reply]
The Poet 02:59 PM 03-07-2020
Will likely go to Food Lion and Burger King tomorrow. Does that count?
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:27 PM 03-07-2020
Nope. Going to Norway in June, Alaska in September, and the Caribbean next January and February. I still haven't finished panicking over SARS, Swine Flue, Avian Flue, etc..., so I haven't had a chance to start panicking over shittymexicanbeervirus yet. :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:29 PM 03-07-2020
Hell no. 133 people have died everyday this year of the flu. This thing is nothing.
[Reply]
Brian D. 03:41 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by hotreds:
Wondering if anyone is changing travel plans due to the current situation. Mama and I still plan on heading to spring training in Az on Wednesday. A friend did cancel his Caribbean cruise- but another is currently enjoying his with his family.
What about your rock concert schedule? That's the kind of close quarters I'd be concerned with.
[Reply]
RevSmoke 08:37 PM 03-07-2020
I figure this way... there are more death from the influenza is the U.S. than there are globally from the coronavirus... by a factor of 4.

I am going to hold off smoking any coronas however until this threat passes...petite corona however are fair game.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
The Poet 08:51 PM 03-07-2020
I have three sealed boxes of petite coronas at the moment, and they will remain sealed until all this is over. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 03-08-2020
Corona Brewing has offered the CDC 47 billion dollars to change the virus' name to "budlightvirus".
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:48 AM 03-09-2020
I gave up eating bats for Lent
[Reply]
stearns 08:52 AM 03-09-2020
No changes to travel plans. Also no changes to the amount of concerts I go to. One interesting thing I noticed this weekend, went to two concerts with very different crowds and in both cases there was a line in the bathroom to use the sink. Usually nobody ever washes their hands at these things, it was a bit refreshing to see 90% of the people doing that
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 12:08 PM 03-09-2020
No changes yet, though I reserve the right to panic along with the masses at a later date.

We're heading out of town this coming weekend and plan to attend a concert. And we're still out and about here in Vegas. So far things seem pretty normal.

The only thing I wouldn't do right now is jump on a cruise ship - not because I necessarily think I'd get sick but because I might end up stuck on board for several weeks. That just plain doesn't appeal to me.

I suspect the next few weeks will show whether this thing will be contained or it's TEOTWAWKI. Fortunately while I may run low on toilet paper I won't run out of cigars. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 03:31 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
No changes yet, though I reserve the right to panic along with the masses at a later date.

We're heading out of town this coming weekend and plan to attend a concert. And we're still out and about here in Vegas. So far things seem pretty normal.

The only thing I wouldn't do right now is jump on a cruise ship - not because I necessarily think I'd get sick but because I might end up stuck on board for several weeks. That just plain doesn't appeal to me.

I suspect the next few weeks will show whether this thing will be contained or it's TEOTWAWKI. Fortunately while I may run low on toilet paper I won't run out of cigars. :-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OyBtMPqpNY
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:11 PM 03-09-2020
No changes here. I'm planning on traveling a bit this spring and summer and don't plan on changing anything.....besides, I've already had West Nile and swine flu, may as well get this one too lol.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 AM 03-10-2020
Originally Posted by 4WheelVFR:
No changes here. I'm planning on traveling a bit this spring and summer and don't plan on changing anything.....besides, I've already had West Nile and swine flu, may as well get this one too lol.
Crossing my fingers you don't, Ray. :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 09:02 AM 03-10-2020
Nope, still going to the Bahamas and touring the Graycliff factory next month.
[Reply]
massphatness 09:32 AM 03-10-2020
Grace & her girlfriends cxld a trip to Napa/Sonoma they were supposed to take the week of March 23.

However, we have a trip to Puerto Rico planned for April that's going to happen unless there's some sort of huge outbreak on that island.
[Reply]
hotreds 11:02 AM 03-10-2020
Yeah, Cali might be unadvised at this point.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 04:17 PM 03-10-2020
Whoops, looks like my travel plans are changing after all. Moto GP race in Austin is postponed til November due to corona virus. I was going to go in April, but I guess not. Might do NASCAR in Bristol instead.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up