Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Xikar X8
badbriar 04:22 PM 03-15-2014
This cutter as sharp as, say Xikar Xi2 or a palio?
And... Between the Xikar Xi1 and Xi2, are they same blades.
:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:25 PM 03-15-2014
Been using mine for two years...sharp as any other cutter out there. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Remo 08:26 PM 03-15-2014
I would think you can't go wrong with and Xikar or Palio....Colibri is another story.
[Reply]
Ogre 09:14 PM 03-15-2014
Love all my Xikars
[Reply]
maninblack 09:35 PM 03-15-2014
Can never go.wrong with a Xikar. Or a Palio
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:52 PM 03-15-2014
As others have said you cannot go wrong with either Xikar or Palio. I have both and they are both great cutters. The Xikar X8 is thinner than the Palio, the X8 is flat and the Palio is contoured so if you like to use your cutter as a place to rest your cigar then I would go with the Palio.
[Reply]
YankeeMan 06:43 AM 03-16-2014
I love my Xikar, it's 4 years old and still going strong. I agree with Remo, every Colibri I've had, and I've had several, seem to crush the cigars rather than cut them.
[Reply]
Remo 06:50 AM 03-16-2014
Originally Posted by YankeeMan:
I love my Xikar, it's 4 years old and still going strong. I agree with Remo, every Colibri I've had, and I've had several, seem to crush the cigars rather than cut them.
Guess that's why Colibri is always a freebie with purchases :-) I have a Palio and Xi2 love them both :-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 09:12 PM 03-16-2014
I have one, it is a wonderful cutter. No complaints at all. Sharp and tight. I do not have a Palio, but this feels similar to the ones I have tried.
[Reply]
badbriar 09:44 PM 03-16-2014
Just ordered one (X8). Appreciate the advice. Looking forward to trying it out. Have some others that started out sharp, but dulled quickly and started tearing the cap, rather than cutting clean. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:54 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Have some others that started out sharp, but dulled quickly and started tearing the cap, rather than cutting clean. :-)
Been using mine exclusivley for that past two years...still sharp as ever.
[Reply]
longknocker 06:17 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Been using mine exclusivley for that past two years...still sharp as ever.
Same, Here! In Fact, Same Model As Mack's!:-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:20 AM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by badbriar:
Just ordered one (X8). Appreciate the advice. Looking forward to trying it out. Have some others that started out sharp, but dulled quickly and started tearing the cap, rather than cutting clean. :-)
If you have Xikar cutters that have become dull, you can send them back to Xikar and they will sharpen or replace them for free -- like Palio they have a lifetime warranty.
[Reply]
equetefue 09:06 AM 03-17-2014
have both the palio and xikar and love both..

funny that my favorite is the Xikar, but the better of the two is the palio as far as the cut.
[Reply]
dijit 12:59 PM 03-17-2014
At one point my old Xikar started acting dull and not cutting right either one side only would cut or it would crush before the cut. A quick email to Xikar with the response of wash it and if that doesnt fix it we will replace/repair it. One round in the dish washer and the blades were operating like new again. Now every few weeks I throw mine in the dishwasher.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:51 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by dijit:
At one point my old Xikar started acting dull and not cutting right either one side only would cut or it would crush before the cut. A quick email to Xikar with the response of wash it and if that doesnt fix it we will replace/repair it. One round in the dish washer and the blades were operating like new again. Now every few weeks I throw mine in the dishwasher.
How to dry completely?
[Reply]
dijit 03:02 PM 03-17-2014
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
How to dry completely?
Not sure how to make it dry. I wipe it off when I take it out open and close a couple of times and have never had a problem with residual water
[Reply]
pektel 03:32 PM 03-17-2014
Dishwasher... interesting. I clean my Palio with a q tip and isopropyl alcohol.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 11:47 PM 03-17-2014
I don't have the time to look through all of these threads so forgive me if this has been discussed already somewhere else. I just got a Cuban Crafters Revolucion off of amazon for $20 and a little bit. I was curious if any of you guys use one and what do you think? I have been very satisfied with mine so far. Plus they claim a life time guarantee.
[Reply]
pnoon 06:34 AM 03-18-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
I don't have the time to look through all of these threads so forgive me if this has been discussed already somewhere else. I just got a Cuban Crafters Revolucion off of amazon for $20 and a little bit. I was curious if any of you guys use one and what do you think? I have been very satisfied with mine so far. Plus they claim a life time guarantee.
Michael, There is a wealth of information here so I suggest that when you do have some time, you should look around and read. And then read some more. Think of it as a library of sorts.

Given that you don't currently have the time, you should consider starting your own thread about the Revolucion. This thread is about the Xikar X8. Less confusing that way and respectful to the thread starter here.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up