Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Wineador vs Cabinet Humidor
Jitsupriebe 02:35 PM 05-05-2014
So we just closed on our house out here in Vegas and I am wanting to get a larger wineador going ( I have a 12 bottle now) ...Only problem I am having is that I have always wanted a cabinet humidor as well... Has anyone had both and what can you say of one over the other?

I like the wineador only for the heat issue out here... but who knows!!!

Thanks
[Reply]
bonjing 10:31 PM 05-05-2014
You could get a cabinet with built in cooling.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/cabinetindex.html
[Reply]
nutcracker 04:59 AM 05-06-2014
I bought a largish cabinet and struggled in the beginning ( take forever to stabilize the RH). Also noisy. I think wineadors seal better, plus can control temp for you.

From my perspective a cabinet is more expense, but considerably more aesthetic.

Those aristocrats look superb.

NB
[Reply]
Jitsupriebe 08:21 AM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by bonjing:
You could get a cabinet with built in cooling.

http://www.aristocrathumidors.com/cabinetindex.html
Thanks- this might be the winner--
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 04:41 PM 05-06-2014
look here if you need further inspiration on the Aristocrat - http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=64899
[Reply]
montecristo#2 05:30 PM 05-06-2014
I had a 28 bottle vinotemp and now have a temperature controlled Aristocrat.

There really is no comparison if money is not an issue.

My aristocrat is the best piece of furniture I have in my house. It is displayed front and center in my living room. Mine holds temperature just as well as the vinotemp did, if not better. The vinotemp was not really designed specifically for cigars.

Obviously, my aristocrat cost a lot more than my $50 Vinotemp (on sale at Target, usually $200 back in the day) and it holds a lot more as well.

So if money is not an issue and you want to display your humidor in the house, I would consider a cabinet.

If you just want a temperature controlled humidor to hold 10-20 boxes in the corner of a room, then a winedor is the way to go.

It has been a while since I had the vinotemp, so I do not remember if it was noisy. The cooling units on the aristocrat definitely make noise when they come on. I am used to it after 4+ years, but it seemed a little noisy at first.
[Reply]
Jitsupriebe 08:29 PM 05-06-2014
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
I had a 28 bottle vinotemp and now have a temperature controlled Aristocrat.

There really is no comparison if money is not an issue.

My aristocrat is the best piece of furniture I have in my house. It is displayed front and center in my living room. Mine holds temperature just as well as the vinotemp did, if not better. The vinotemp was not really designed specifically for cigars.

Obviously, my aristocrat cost a lot more than my $50 Vinotemp (on sale at Target, usually $200 back in the day) and it holds a lot more as well.

So if money is not an issue and you want to display your humidor in the house, I would consider a cabinet.

If you just want a temperature controlled humidor to hold 10-20 boxes in the corner of a room, then a winedor is the way to go.

It has been a while since I had the vinotemp, so I do not remember if it was noisy. The cooling units on the aristocrat definitely make noise when they come on. I am used to it after 4+ years, but it seemed a little noisy at first.
Thank you for the info- I am gonna treat myself!!

Thank you!
[Reply]
pnoon 09:31 PM 05-06-2014
I own an Aristocrat as well. Superb workmanship.
You won't be disappointed.
[Reply]
CoronaCigar 01:43 AM 05-07-2014
Good to read all the info here. I currently have several wineadors and at this point I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on an Aristrocrat, or converting my closet into a Humidor with a Wine Chiller Unit & commercial humidifier unit.

Either way - temperature control is a must where I live in the summertime.
[Reply]
Up