Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>5 finger bags
nutcracker 11:24 AM 05-02-2014
I've picked up a few 5 finger bags of cigars from vendors and DMK on a great newbie trade.
So my question is - can/should one leave the sticks in the bags - as they seem so very happy there, or should I decant them into the humi all naked and vulnerable?:-)
[Reply]
pektel 11:38 AM 05-02-2014
I keep em in the bags. Easy labeling, safer from damage, yadda yadda...
[Reply]
Remo 12:10 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
I've picked up a few 5 finger bags of cigars from vendors and DMK on a great newbie trade.
So my question is - can/should one leave the sticks in the bags - as they seem so very happy there, or should I decant them into the humi all naked and vulnerable?:-)
Take them out and introduce them to fire :-)
[Reply]
MrClean 12:31 PM 05-02-2014
I take them out, only because of space constraints.
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 12:47 PM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Take them out and introduce them to fire :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Lockspur 01:12 PM 05-02-2014
If you're storing in a humi, you can leave them in the bags...just open the top. I like the bags for storing sticks received from others. Easy to label, store, etc.
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:43 PM 05-03-2014
So I assume the bags breathe a bit ??
If you guys are leaving them as is, do the sticks age adequately, or this for short term storage and shipping only?
[Reply]
T.G 07:12 PM 05-03-2014
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
So I assume the bags breathe a bit ??
If you guys are leaving them as is, do the sticks age adequately, or this for short term storage and shipping only?
Different quality / manufacture bags will behave differently. In theory, these bags should be airtight, but in practice, they sometimes aren't. Some might leak (breathe) a bit while others won't / will only leak minimally.

I personally don't usually mess around with the cheaper, thinner 5-finger bags, because, well, they suck. I've left cigars sealed in the thicker bags for years and I'll pull the particular cigar(s) out a few weeks before I plan on smoking them and they smoke great.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 03:32 PM 05-08-2014
If I am putting a bag of cigars into my coolidor, then I just leave the top of the bag open.

Most of them time I take them out and keep them in trays. Unless I want to keep them in the bag for labeling purposes, or if all my trays are full.
[Reply]
Up