Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Does anyone have any experience with this humi?
gettysburgfreak 04:57 PM 02-26-2014
I want to upgrade my humidor from two desktops to something that will allow me to start storing boxes. I had a converted vinotemp back home in NY but since I moved to WA was unable to take it with me. Does anyone know if this is any good?

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_furni...HUM-LDCAB.html
[Reply]
TFed 05:01 PM 02-26-2014
No experiences with that one but, I have just filled my first coolidor which I swore i would never start.

Gotta say i am so happy that i am about to buy my next one.
[Reply]
DMK 05:09 PM 02-26-2014
Keep the desk tops and get a cooler.... you know you want to....:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 05:29 PM 02-26-2014
I had two of them years ago, and they worked well for me. I sold one to another BOTL when I got my Aristocrat, and it was still in perfect condition. Used Heartfelt beads and once seasoned, had little problem keeping RH where I wanted it.

I had an issue with the door on one when it arrived, they sent me a new door overnight and told me to just toss thew other one. Good customer service as far as I was concerned.

If you buy it, offer 284.99, they will accept offers up to 5% off.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:47 PM 02-26-2014
I have that one now, I did some sealing on it, non-scented food grade silicone all around the inside seams and i sealed up the back where the socket is / was.

I used weather stripping around the door and I think it helped but probably not a ton, I still use it but looking to upgrade soon just because as I get more sticks and more expensive sticks I worry more about how they are kept.

It isn't bad, if you just want to store boxes go with the 150qt coleman from walmart for like 60 bucks, much better deal and seal.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 05:59 PM 02-26-2014
Thanks for the imput guys. I just had a house built and I want something that looks nice so the fiancee will let me put it where people can see it. I dont want to go over 300 which I know isnt much to work with.
[Reply]
dijit 06:30 PM 02-26-2014
My limited experience with cheaphumidors.com is they have great customer service. They offer a discount if you mention you are a member here. If I had the disposable cash I would buy it or larger in a minute and spend the next few months explaining why I need to hurry and get it pretty well filled!
[Reply]
Zane 06:56 PM 02-26-2014
Originally Posted by dijit:
My limited experience with cheaphumidors.com is they have great customer service. They offer a discount if you mention you are a member here. If I had the disposable cash I would buy it or larger in a minute and spend the next few months explaining why I need to hurry and get it pretty well filled!
10% if you use CigarAsylum for the coupon code.
[Reply]
Drew@CHhumdiors 01:09 PM 02-27-2014
Good after noon guys. You guys are in luck, I am the Operations Manger for Cheaphumidors.com and also a member of the Asylum. I can tell you the Lauderdale is a perfect unit if you want to start storing boxes of cigars. The warranty return rate on this unit is at less then 1% since we have started carrying it. I can also hook you up with a 10% coupon if you like
[Reply]
Drew@CHhumdiors 01:12 PM 02-27-2014
Looks like Zane has already mentioned it above. Also go with the Hydra LG unit for a humidifier with this humidor. You get a great discount if you do the customize and buy feature during checkout. We normally sell that unit for 209.99 you get it for 99.99 and normally we do not allow a coupon code as well, being your an Asylum member we will work around that. I wil make sure the 10% is off your entire purchase
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 01:52 PM 02-27-2014
Drew,

Can you please tell me a little bit more about the humidor? I need to be sold on this unit as apposed to holding out for a wineador.

Originally Posted by Drew@CHhumdiors:
Good after noon guys. You guys are in luck, I am the Operations Manger for Cheaphumidors.com and also a member of the Asylum. I can tell you the Lauderdale is a perfect unit if you want to start storing boxes of cigars. The warranty return rate on this unit is at less then 1% since we have started carrying it. I can also hook you up with a 10% coupon if you like

[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06:08 PM 02-27-2014
One factor to consider about this humi vs. a wineador is if you plan to have the wineador plugged in to us the cooling feature. Depending on where you live you might not need the cooling a wineador offers. I know many people don't plug them in, but if you need something with cooling then the wineador is the way to go.
[Reply]
Drew@CHhumdiors 05:39 AM 02-28-2014
Actually some wineador's can be very nice, but it is just not my personal style. We actually even sell a very high end fully electronic humidor. It is currently out of stock at this moment but it is very cool set up.
http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_large...PHUM-RDFD.html

As I was saying I am not a huge fan of the wineador or the fully electronic units personally. I think Humidors are meant to be in a all wood style cabinets with cedar linings. It is just more of a "Manly" type feel. I am not a sales man at all, but I will tell you this, and this is truly no lie, I have 3 humidors in my sports bar at home. I have the Treasure dome, I have the Gurkha Triad humidor (Which I wish our supplier still carried awesome unit) and I have a Lauderdale to hold my boxes of back stock. It is a nice piece that does not overtake a room like a big tower does but yet you still get tons of space. The Seal on this unit is outstanding as I stated before we have a very little return rate on this unit. I wont be a "Salesman" to you on this, just a fellow Asylum member giving you my 2 cents. If you have any questions you can feel free to e-mail me directly at Drew@cheaphumidors.com and I will be glad to help in any way I can with you order or questions.
[Reply]
maninblack 05:57 AM 02-28-2014
My Lauderdale is ok but the door is warped so it leaks. Gotta rehydrate the beads alot. It's my overflow humidor anyways. My tower is my main squeeze.
[Reply]
Brlesq 06:44 AM 02-28-2014
I have that one as well and it has held humidity rock solid for 2 years, and I am only using passive KL and not an active humidification system. Plus its a great looking piece of furniture, and the wife likes it because it doesn't look like a humidor!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 08:02 AM 02-28-2014
Is it made from real wood or MDF? I don't want something that looks cheep so that's good to know that you think it looks good.

Originally Posted by Brlesq:
I have that one as well and it has held humidity rock solid for 2 years, and I am only using passive KL and not an active humidification system. Plus its a great looking piece of furniture, and the wife likes it because it doesn't look like a humidor!

[Reply]
Drew@CHhumdiors 08:24 AM 02-28-2014
It is made of MDF on the outside but lined with real natural Spanish Cedar. If this was a real all wood unit, you would be paying 5 to 10 times the amount. Plus the added weight to shipping would be crazy expensive. That is why we do not carry all natural wood units. We would never sell any due to the expense
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 11:25 AM 02-28-2014
I appreciate all the responses on this. Based on the info gathered I think holding out for a wine fridge and some nice shelving is the best option for me. I had one before and it served me well.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 12:03 PM 02-28-2014
Hey Chris, this might be more than what you want to spend but a guy in the Everett area was selling a nice Aristocrat on craigslist last August for $800. It's the Plus version I believe which is 4' tall and starts at $1,350 if you order new from Bob. If you want his name and number let me know as I'm not sure if he sold it... I saw him relist later in the Fall.

Also, if you do a search on CL right now, a 40" tall humidor comes up for $450. I have no idea if it's any good, but just saw it...
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/fuo/4342715414.html
[Reply]
dave 12:22 PM 02-28-2014
Sounds like you've already decided....but that won't keep me from throwing a couple cents on the pile.....

-Firstly....I'll second the recommendations for cheaphumidors

-Secondly....I don't have that humidor. But, I've been at the homes of some brothers who do (or have similar.) They look great. However, they don't seem very practical. The brothers always look a little goofy and uncomfortable rummaging through them. I don't know about you, but it can take me quite a few minutes to choose a cigar. Longer to charge humidifiers, play tetris and and fondle.....I don't want to spend that time laying on the floor.
[Reply]
Up