Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Taboo Cigars
Flynnster 07:54 AM 01-17-2012
I got some lanceros, anda couple others in a trade a few months ago and love love love them.!
[Reply]
RevSmoke 01:55 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Give Rob @ Taboo A Call, Todd. He Should Be Able To Help.:-)
I have talked to Rob in the past, he's good people. I haven't pried much about where the cigars come from and who produces them for him. I know Oliva did a lot of his work, but I believe that my favorite, the HSG were not made by Oliva.

Actually, I was just wondering more about why we haven't seen much discussed here about Taboo in a long time.
[Reply]
Dukeuni 01:59 PM 01-17-2012
I was just thinking about this myself. I was going through my cooler this past weekend and saw that I have around 15-20 Special Forces Original Lanceros. I won those during a drawing that Taboo did in the old CS days. Was given a free bundle of taboo cigars. Man, those have been resting for a quite a few years now.....I should actually try them out and not just give them away ;-)
[Reply]
RevSmoke 02:06 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Give Rob @ Taboo A Call, Todd. He Should Be Able To Help.:-)
I have talked to Rob in the past, he's good people. I haven't pried much about where the cigars come from and who produces them for him. I know Oliva did a lot of his work, but I believe that my favorite, the HSG were not made by Oliva.

Actually, I was just wondering more about why we haven't seen much discussed here about Taboo in a long time. Don't see them reviewed. Don't see them discussed. And rarely see them in PIFs/bombs/etc.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
big a 07:23 PM 01-17-2012
I have about 15 taboos resting and i was just thinking about this the other day. When I first starting smoking they were all over CS than it seems like they just went away. the emails from them have stopped also. However the last couple i have lit up were still very enjoyable.
[Reply]
MikeyC 08:04 PM 01-17-2012
Originally Posted by big a:
I have about 15 taboos resting and i was just thinking about this the other day. When I first starting smoking they were all over CS than it seems like they just went away. the emails from them have stopped also. However the last couple i have lit up were still very enjoyable.
It's weird that they just up and disappeared. I used to get emails from them all the time and they were constantly running specials and contests in the old CS days. I still have a couple of Twists in my humi.
[Reply]
G G 08:26 PM 01-17-2012
It seems like I remember when Rob did all the changing to the lounge and all that there was an email and announcement that you had to opt in for the new and improved mailing list.
[Reply]
jjirons69 06:53 AM 01-18-2012
I thought about these the other day. I had tried a couple different sticks several years ago, but they never really stuck with me either. Honestly, I haven't missed them.
[Reply]
kydsid 07:40 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by G G:
It seems like I remember when Rob did all the changing to the lounge and all that there was an email and announcement that you had to opt in for the new and improved mailing list.
I remember that too. IIRC not only did they move into a new shop they moved to a new computer system too. Might have lost their CA password etc.
[Reply]
macsauce13 07:52 AM 01-18-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I still got a bunch of these from a few years ago. Never smoked them.
Hey Kevin, if you have the Twists, and you want to unload, I'm your huckleberry!! :-)
[Reply]
14holestogie 01:36 PM 01-19-2012
Today's e-mail from them states "we WILL have some Twist or HSG in the near future..." They may pre-sell once the shipment is confirmed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up