Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 16 of 36
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
General Discussion>Second Firearm Thread...
HK3- 03:54 AM 09-21-2016
Sorry no experience with 10mm but Sigs are fantastic. We did a product testing with Sig down in Kentucky a few years back and had the pleasure of firing most of their pistols. All were great.
[Reply]
Stevez 06:38 PM 10-17-2016
Well, finally jumped in and bought a SIG. I purchased a SIG P220 Stainless Elite in 10mm. Took delivery today although I of course haven't shot it yet. It's beautiful and I love the size, the heft. Fits perfectly in my hand and looking forward to shooting it. This was very hard to find. I posted on a Sig forum what I wanted and some guy referred me to a gun shop in PA. Called and they had it and I bought it.

Tried to post a picture but I can't get it to take. I successfully posted pics on the Sig forum, but can't here. I need to study the picture posting rules!
[Reply]
sikk50 10:14 AM 10-18-2016
Welcome to the Sig family!
[Reply]
Brian D. 09:49 AM 10-19-2016
Originally Posted by Stevez:
Well, finally jumped in and bought a SIG. I purchased a SIG P220 Stainless Elite in 10mm. Took delivery today although I of course haven't shot it yet. It's beautiful and I love the size, the heft. Fits perfectly in my hand and looking forward to shooting it. This was very hard to find. I posted on a Sig forum what I wanted and some guy referred me to a gun shop in PA. Called and they had it and I bought it.

Tried to post a picture but I can't get it to take. I successfully posted pics on the Sig forum, but can't here. I need to study the picture posting rules!
Do you hand load your own ammunition? With 10mm and other niche calibers like .38 super, the choices in factory ammo are relatively limited.
[Reply]
Steve 10:18 AM 10-19-2016
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Do you hand load your own ammunition? With 10mm and other niche calibers like .38 super, the choices in factory ammo are relatively limited.
Actually, most of the major players produce 10mm. It's just a matter of if you can find it locally or if you have to order it, and whether you will need to take a second mortgage out to pay for it. Finding inexpensive "range" ammo is pretty much a no go though.

I really like my 10mm, it's a great hog gun in the woods. I have shot Sig, Buffalo Bore, Underwood, Hornady, and Federal out of mine with no issues. Some of the bulk stuff I have found has been spotty though.
[Reply]
Stevez 11:48 AM 10-19-2016
Brian, no, I don't hand load today and have heard that about the 10 mm. I don't get out to shoot as often as I would like, so probably won't go that route. Thanks and I look forward to trying this baby out soon.
[Reply]
Brian D. 02:49 PM 10-21-2016
Anybody fired a S&W Shield in .45 acp yet? None of the local ranges have one for rent, this gun will be a "try before by" for me.
[Reply]
Remo 02:55 PM 10-21-2016
Originally Posted by Brian D.:
Anybody fired a S&W Shield in .45 acp yet? None of the local ranges have one for rent, this gun will be a "try before by" for me.

I have shot mine, feels great to me.
Attached:
[Reply]
Brian D. 04:55 PM 10-21-2016
A friend in my shooting group has a Shield .45 ordered. Eventually I'll get to try it. Thanks for replying, Remo.
[Reply]
HK3- 05:44 AM 10-23-2016
Haven't had much time to get out and hit the range but I've managed to squeeze in some reloading. Anyone get anything new lately?
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:27 AM 10-24-2016
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Haven't had much time to get out and hit the range but I've managed to squeeze in some reloading. Anyone get anything new lately?
Last thing I picked up was a Zavasta PAP M92 that I bought just for kicks. It's turning out to be a lot more accurate than I thought it would be. A fun range toy.
[Reply]
Remo 09:02 PM 10-25-2016

Got an email from Quantico Tactical that the new LEO price for the M&P Tactical is $825, I'll be ordering this week
:-)
Attached:
[Reply]
HK3- 03:44 AM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by Ashcan Bill:
Last thing I picked up was a Zavasta PAP M92 that I bought just for kicks. It's turning out to be a lot more accurate than I thought it would be. A fun range toy.
Have much recoil?

Originally Posted by Remo:
Attachment 17409

Got an email from Quantico Tactical that the new LEO price for the M&P Tactical is $825, I'll be ordering this week :-)
Those are well made and great for the price. I remember a few years back when I was handling a lot of different manufacturers products and it seemed like everyone and their brother was trying to get in the game.
[Reply]
Remo 06:54 AM 10-26-2016
Those are well made and great for the price. I remember a few years back when I was handling a lot of different manufacturers products and it seemed like everyone and their brother was trying to get in the game.
Not waiting around for the prices to rocket back up in November.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 08:37 AM 10-26-2016
Have much recoil?
Very little. It's a little awkward, but has an amazing amount of fire power in what's basically an overgrown pistol. It's kinda an answer in search of a question, but darn if I don't like it. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 01:53 PM 10-26-2016
I am looking to purchase a Glock 17. I can get it for $500. I have yet to shop the stores here locally. I just haven't had the time. Is that a decent price?
[Reply]
Remo 02:14 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
I am looking to purchase a Glock 17. I can get it for $500. I have yet to shop the stores here locally. I just haven't had the time. Is that a decent price?
Ya, that's about right, night sights? How many mags?
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:16 PM 10-26-2016
Not sure on the sights or mag. How do they come brand new.
[Reply]
Remo 02:19 PM 10-26-2016
Originally Posted by garryyjr:
Not sure on the sights or mag. How do they come brand new.
I think 2 mags and no night sights. so $500 for that should be about right.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 02:21 PM 10-26-2016
It is from a guy who does work on guns and has his FFL license.. He should be cheaper than stores here. It's a co-workers friend.

I want to shop locally to see what I am getting is a good deal.

I am assuming it is the Gen 4..
[Reply]
Page 16 of 36
« First < 6141516 171826 > Last »
Up