Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 22
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
General Discussion>Motorcycle Thread..
mscales 02:07 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by scottfish:
As of five pm yesterday I am a motorcycle owner again. Picked up a 1972 CB350. Can't wait for the inspection so I can ride.
That was the first real street bike I ever road. It belonged to a friend of ours back then his parents wouldn't let him keep it at their house so he kept it at mine. I use to ride it all the time. In '73 I bought a new CB500 Four in Sunrise orange. In '74 a roommate "borrowed" it and crashed it. I built it into a chopper.

It went from this:

To this:

That is my '65 Corvette Coupe in the background. I built the bike on a modified Amen softail frame (first softail frame I know of) I molded and painted. Sorry for the pic but it was scanned off a Polariod from back in '74.

I have been riding something since mini bikes in the oil fieilds. I now have a Honda '05 VTX1300 (80ci) and man is it nice to ride.
[Reply]
Volt 02:07 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
I hate reading this thread. After my injury a few years ago I have not been able to get on a bike. I have been looking at trikes. Has anyone here given the Can Am spyder a spin?
From what I understand - not a good match for a motorcycle rider. Hard to steer and kinda boring. Shoot Tbone on here a PM, he rides a goldwing trike and speak about them better than I can. He loves his.
[Reply]
Volusianator 02:14 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by mscales:
I ride a VTX as well, nice looking scoot there.
[Reply]
Ogre 02:20 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ranger_B:
I hate reading this thread. After my injury a few years ago I have not been able to get on a bike. I have been looking at trikes. Has anyone here given the Can Am spyder a spin?
I have ridden the spyder. It is a vary stable bike, was surprised by the handling. There is an optional touring setup for it. If a trike is all you can ride and dont want the big touring, I would ride the spyder.
[Reply]
mscales 02:54 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
I ride a VTX as well, nice looking scoot there.
Do you happen to belong to the VTX Cafe? If not check it out: http://www.vtxcafe.com/forum.php

I have the same name there so come on in and check out the bikes.
[Reply]
Ranger_B 03:30 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by Ogre3239:
I have ridden the spyder. It is a vary stable bike, was surprised by the handling. There is an optional touring setup for it. If a trike is all you can ride and dont want the big touring, I would ride the spyder.

Thanks. I hope to check one out here in the near future.
[Reply]
HK3- 04:08 PM 01-09-2011
Nice bikes up there Mike! I dig that vette also! :-)

Got my new pipes for christmas and it only took me 2 1/2 hours to put them on. Waiting for the right ECU to show up in the mail so I can take it for a ride.
[Reply]
Volt 04:43 PM 01-09-2011
I rode a VTX 1300 for about 2 years. Moved to a Yamaha 1700 from that. The VTX is teh standard well built honda. Very dependable and made a couple of multi thousand mile trips on it. Should last you a long time.
[Reply]
mojo65 04:46 PM 01-09-2011
Seems like this is VTX day, I have a 1800T that im turning into a bagger.

Have the XR fairing waiting for paint and a set of Jumbo strong hard bags is next on the list.

[Reply]
mscales 05:29 PM 01-09-2011
Originally Posted by mojo65:
Seems like this is VTX day, I have a 1800T that im turning into a bagger.

Have the XR fairing waiting for paint and a set of Jumbo strong hard bags is next on the list.

Hi Mark. Good to see you over here. Nice pic of the X.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 06:11 PM 01-09-2011
I have a 07 Road Glide, with a set of 13" carlini ape hangers, love my ride. Everyone has their own personalities, to each his own. I ride with harley's, sportbikes and anything in between. Nothing is as great as the open road.
[Reply]
HK3- 07:33 AM 01-10-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
I have a 07 Road Glide, with a set of 13" carlini ape hangers, love my ride. Everyone has their own personalities, to each his own. I ride with harley's, sportbikes and anything in between. Nothing is as great as the open road.
:-)
[Reply]
HK3- 07:23 AM 01-31-2011
Was in the 60's down here over the weekend so I was able to get some riding in. Headed up to the shop on Saturday morning for a class and then they reset my TPS. Hope this weather stays nice! :-)

Anybody else get out this weekend?
[Reply]
sikk50 05:42 PM 01-31-2011
Looking at buying my first road bike. Just going to get a sportster, but I need help. Is it wise to buy a late 90's bike to save money over an early 2000's? Keep in mind I plan on changing most the forward controls and gauges immediately...have they really changed enough to justify the extra money?
[Reply]
HK3- 03:58 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Looking at buying my first road bike. Just going to get a sportster, but I need help. Is it wise to buy a late 90's bike to save money over an early 2000's? Keep in mind I plan on changing most the forward controls and gauges immediately...have they really changed enough to justify the extra money?
Bump.
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:29 PM 03-01-2011
Originally Posted by HK3-:
Bump.
speaking of which, how about some more pics of your Italian beauty?
[Reply]
HK3- 08:18 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by newcigarz:
speaking of which, how about some more pics of your Italian beauty?
:-) My current cheapo camera is out for repair and I ordered one of those fancy and very confusing to use newer ones that will be here soon. My iphone takes crap photos so I will wait.

You got any photos?
[Reply]
markem 08:47 AM 03-02-2011
Wish I could say "I can do that"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twUAi1Q4o0
[Reply]
HK3- 09:02 AM 03-02-2011
Originally Posted by markem:
Wish I could say "I can do that"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twUAi1Q4o0
Damn. Me too.
[Reply]
HK3- 02:53 PM 03-03-2011
Got my new camera today. :-)

Here's some updated photos I took today. Added pipes, rear fender, and clutch goodies.

With spring on the way lets keep this thread going.

[Reply]
Page 12 of 22
« First < 2101112 1314 > Last »
Up