Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Partagas 150
RevSmoke 08:40 PM 03-22-2012
I had a few of the Partagas 150s when they first came out. They were incredible sticks. Would I spend $50 on one? I wouldn't! But, that's because I'm tight. I will say that I wish I'd bought a few more of them (like a whole box) when they were about $6-$10 a stick. They were (and probably are) great smokes.

I also wouldn't spend $7 on a Short Story Maduro - I found them lackluster at best.

But, I only need to satisfy my tastes, and everybody else has to satisfy theirs.

So, each should smoke what makes their palate happy.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 08:49 PM 03-22-2012
So I guess all my Cohiba's, Partagas, Hoyo's, and Romeo NC's are all fakes. :-)
[Reply]
Reaver2145 08:59 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
So I guess all my Cohiba's, Partagas, Hoyo's, and Romeo NC's are all fakes. :-)

Yeah pretty much.

Look if you lot dont like what im saying thats fine but nothings going to stop me giving my opinion and in my opinion your non cuban hoyos,cohibas,bolivars and partagas are as fake as they come they are nothing like the originals but they cling on to the name.

[Insert sh*tstorm below]
[Reply]
celtic250 09:03 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
Aside from the $50 price tag (or in spite of it), I'd also have some questions as at how they have been kept. Coming across a B&M that happens to have some of these rolling around in a box does not automatically give me a warm fuzzy feeling.
They weren't in a box but rather in that mega chest that they came in back when they were released. They had 3 sizes left ranging from $42-50ish. Can't exactly remember which sizes they were though. I saw them when I was back visiting my folks over the holidays and went around to all the B&Ms to see what they all carried.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 09:13 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by celtic250:
They weren't in a box but rather in that mega chest that they came in back when they were released. They had 3 sizes left ranging from $42-50ish. Can't exactly remember which sizes they were though. I saw them when I was back visiting my folks over the holidays and went around to all the B&Ms to see what they all carried.
The one size I smoked was a robusto. It was tasty.
[Reply]
maninblack 09:17 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
Yeah pretty much.

Look if you lot dont like what im saying thats fine but nothings going to stop me giving my opinion and in my opinion your non cuban hoyos,cohibas,bolivars and partagas are as fake as they come they are nothing like the originals but they cling on to the name.

[Insert sh*tstorm below]
I've been getting screwed all these years?! Some one call the cops. I got a complaint.:-)
[Reply]
SvilleKid 09:21 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by Reaver2145:
Yeah pretty much.

[Insert sh*tstorm below]
So, does your disdain for anything NOT cuban also apply to anyone that smokes non-cuban varieties of cuban labels? Sounds like it, even if that's not what you meant. BUT, since you expect a $hitstorm, maybe you do mean it! Hard to tell, that's for sure!

I'll keep right on smoking those cigars that I like, and disregard those that glare down their noses at us lowly NC smokers!

:-)
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 09:25 PM 03-22-2012
Why do you even post on the non-Cuban board then?
[Reply]
Pseudosacred 09:28 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I've been getting screwed all these years?! Some one call the cops. I got a complaint.:-)
WEEEEEEEE-WOOOOOOO WWEEEEWOOOOOO

I can't see Reavers point making any sense.

Based on that logic, a CD with the swear words edited out is a FAKE IMPOSTER of the non-edited one.

Albeit, it's the same artist and everything.

I hope he's just joking...:-)
[Reply]
maninblack 09:29 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:
So, does your disdain for anything NOT cuban also apply to anyone that smokes non-cuban varieties of cuban labels? Sounds like it, even if that's not what you meant. BUT, since you expect a $hitstorm, maybe you do mean it! Hard to tell, that's for sure!

I'll keep right on smoking those cigars that I like, and disregard those that glare down their noses at us lowly NC smokers!

Amen Cliff! Preach it!:-)
[Reply]
44stampede 09:55 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
I've smoked one and it was DAMNED GOOD. I don't think it was quite $50 good, but I wouldn't mind paying between $10-20 for one. There are some NC's that I wouldn't mind forking over $50 for at the right moment. Of course, I don't have $10 for a stick right now let alone $50.
Just curious but what are the ones you would pay 50 or more for a NC?
[Reply]
Reaver2145 09:58 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by SvilleKid:

Nope i just dont like the brands i dont care what people smoke and all in all they make some good cigars the partagas with the near black wrapper (i forget the name) being a semi regular choice for me i just think if they had completely abandoned what they where and started a fresh they would of been a whole lot better.

But hay thats just me and BTW as a Englishman do you really think i would come to a American board and ask questions/write reviews about non-cubans if i was one of those people who looks down upon people who smoke NC cigars.
[Reply]
44stampede 09:58 PM 03-22-2012
I also think you guys need to go easy on Simon. One of the things I have enjoyed about this place is that people are not too sensitive. We all can type things that can be misinterpreted. We may even say something that someone disagrees with but we don't need to make them out to be the devil.

relax and let's enjoy!
[Reply]
Reaver2145 09:59 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by JenksAnejo:
Why do you even post on the non-Cuban board then?
Because i can as you dont like it block me.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 10:14 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
Just curious but what are the ones you would pay 50 or more for a NC?
The Arturo Fuente Annivexario, in the right situation. If I was at a B&M out of town, the setting was nice, and I had the cash. For me, the Anniverxario rivals as one of the tip-top smokes I've had, NC or otherwise. I have dropped $30 plus on each on a few before, $40 each on a pair of PAdron Millenniums, $33 each on Lost City Lanceros and LFD Salomones. The right smoke will command the right price from me, if I have the cash.

That Annivexario is really something quite different. AF puts out good smokes anyway, but when they really get crackin', they get CRACKIN"!
Originally Posted by 44stampede:
I also think you guys need to go easy on Simon. One of the things I have enjoyed about this place is that people are not too sensitive. We all can type things that can be misinterpreted. We may even say something that someone disagrees with but we don't need to make them out to be the devil.

relax and let's enjoy!
I couldn't agree more.:-) I'll give a ring gauge bump to that!
[Reply]
us_soldier1989 08:28 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
You're full of awesomeness. Enjoy the this board.
I literally laughed out loud. Best post I've seen in a while! :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 08:35 AM 03-23-2012
I thought I remembered smoking some of those...

http://www.halfwheel.com/?p=9550

The short version? Don't waste your money. The wrapper is now 35 years old on those cigars.

~brooks
[Reply]
icehog3 10:08 AM 03-23-2012
[Reply]
yourchoice 10:24 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by icehog3:
The caption should read: im sorry,i cant here u over the sound how awsome i am

[Reply]
icehog3 10:27 AM 03-23-2012
Originally Posted by yourchoice:
The caption should read: im sorry,i cant here u over the sound how awsome i am