Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>ARGH...Murphy stikes!
Steve 01:41 PM 02-14-2014
Two and a half hours in and I am 44% reset...gonna be a long night!
[Reply]
bighairlogo 02:35 PM 02-14-2014
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
I'm the semi-computer literate person at my job and even today my coworkers still bring in their computers to me LOADED with spyware and viruses asking me to fix it for them. My first response is always "buy a mac" and my second piece of advice is buy external hard drives and set up an automated backup system. I've had to play the role of "doctor" to them delivering the fatal news of "it's all gone" and "I did everything i knew how to do"

I convinced my parents to go mac despite their protests and having to learn a new system and once they started learning they've fallen in love with it. There's not a huge difference between them other than you don't get too many viruses on them just due to the fact that they don't make a lot of viruses on macs and when one is released it's practically national news and within a day there's a patch for it. All I can really say is I'm happy with what i've got but there are ways to prevent them on PC's but backing up is the smartest first step.
Macs can very easily get Malware, Viruses not really.
[Reply]
MrClean 04:21 PM 02-14-2014
Good luck Steve. I know I hate spending money on drives that I consider to be just 'sitting there', but getting a sizable external drive and creating an image and backing it up really is a must if you keep any pictures or documents that are not replaceable.
[Reply]
Steve 04:49 PM 02-14-2014
I have a WInBook external that I use for backing up, but it's older and only a 500meg or so. Tomorrow I'll be shopping for a new one with a couple of terrabytes.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up