Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 76 of 78
« First < 2666747576 7778 >
Sports>Official MMA Thread
goalie204 07:46 AM 11-02-2011
*crickets*

I made a few bux on last event knowing kongo would beat mitrione, and should have made on roop beating hioki in a decision, but bad judges prevailed

decent card this sat night too :-)
[Reply]
goalie204 12:04 PM 11-05-2011
Not that anyone reads this anymore, but ufc 138 prelims live:

http://www.facebook.com/UFC?sk=app_128953167177144

Popout:

http://www.ufc.tv/ufc/servlets/syndicated?id=2
[Reply]
yachties23 08:27 PM 11-05-2011
This has been a great card thus far. Glad to see Terry Etim back, and overall just great thus far.

Throw a Leben fight in, and this has been awesome thus far.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:27 AM 11-07-2011
it was awesome until the Leben fight. He couldn't see cuz of blood in his eye
[Reply]
GoatLocker 09:03 PM 11-12-2011
What a bust for UFC's debut on FOX. Should have shown the Henderson-Guida fight first. Glad to see JDS get the win over Velasquez, but wish it had been a good fight.
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 10:31 PM 11-12-2011
I agree Eric. While it was great to see Dos Santos get a win in such an impressive fashion I'm not sure the UFC really met their goal of trying to draw new fans to the sport. I'll give some credit to Fox for making the broadcast feel like a professional affair (something that the UFC isn't too well versed on).

The fights on FB were very entertaining as well. I was so happy to see Ben Henderson get the win over Guida. I'm pulling for Bendo since he's a local fighter. And the time I met him he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Sat and talked with me about MMA and my iPhone LOL.
[Reply]
goalie204 09:37 AM 11-13-2011
dos santos KO'd valasquez in around a minute, it was a great quick fight. Glad i bet 30 beans on JDS, who was +135 - the oddsmakers are on glue

In other fighting, Pacman vs Marquez 3 was hillarious, because pacman clearly got dominated and lost at LEAST 8 or 9 /12 rounds, but pacman got the nod, truly hillarious in the most corrupt sport on the planet.

As for the ufc on FOX, they DID show the bendo/guida fight...so not sure what you're saying. I think more importantly than showing the fights tho, after seeing JDS knock Valasquez out, the previews for upcoming events is what really is going to get the ufc more viewers.
[Reply]
GoatLocker 10:27 PM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
I'm pulling for Bendo since he's a local fighter. And the time I met him he was one of the nicest people I've ever met. Sat and talked with me about MMA and my iPhone LOL.
I've been following Bendo since he joined WEC, and he always seemed like a genuinely nice guy. JDS strikes me the same way.

Originally Posted by goalie204:
As for the ufc on FOX, they DID show the bendo/guida fight...so not sure what you're saying.
Here in the US, they only showed the JDS-Velasquez fight. I watched the prelims on Foxsports.com. I think everywhere else on the planet got all the fights on TV.
[Reply]
goalie204 11:49 AM 11-14-2011
I was watching the FOX HD chan on my tv, and its Fox Rochester, and Bendo/Guida and the main event were on it, so i duno man.

Whatever tho :-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 04:39 AM 11-16-2011
Were you watching it in Spanish? I know they said Fox Deportes was showing the Henderson/Guida fight.

In other news, is it wrong that I want Wanderlei Silva to beat the ever living hell out of Cung Le? Seriously, that guy rubs me completely the wrong way. Plus it'd be nice to get Wandy back in the W column.
[Reply]
goalie204 07:57 AM 11-16-2011
nope, plain old english on Fox Rochester.

Also Tyr, i just watched BRonson (re your avatar) - not a bad movie.
[Reply]
goalie204 10:28 AM 11-18-2011
http://www.secondsout.com/usa-boxing...229&cs=2615623
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 12:28 PM 11-18-2011
Originally Posted by LasciviousXXX:
Were you watching it in Spanish? I know they said Fox Deportes was showing the Henderson/Guida fight.

In other news, is it wrong that I want Wanderlei Silva to beat the ever living hell out of Cung Le? Seriously, that guy rubs me completely the wrong way. Plus it'd be nice to get Wandy back in the W column.
They played it twice on FOX; the first time only had the main event with introductory promos for the championship fighters.

The second time around included the Bendo/Guida fight among others.
The undercards were on Facebook.

Hope this helps any confusion.
:-)

Also - hope Wandy will win and make a comeback, but after his recent performances it may be time to retire a legend. I'd love to watch him fight more, but Wandy should've before before Liddel.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 05:54 AM 11-20-2011
Incredible card last night. Rogan said it was an early stoppage, but I take it all back - the oild man Wandy may still got some fight left in him.. :-):-)
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 08:01 PM 12-29-2011
Well I know this isn't a very lively thread on the board anymore but I'm giving my fight picks for tomorrow night's UFC 141 event :-)

Brock Lesnar vs Alistair Overeem
Brock's "charge like a bull" method of fighting will be quickly overcome by Overeem's excellent striking ability and his tendency to get some good knees in there. Brock needs to keep his head up or its lights out fairly early. If Lesnar can get him to the ground then he needs to utilize his superior wrestling skills to pin Overeem down and rain down some of those hammers on him. Submission edge goes straight to Overeem so really Brock's only shot is to out wrestle him or hope for a lucky punch against the striker.

Nate Diaz vs Donald Cerrone
As much as I hate the Diaz brothers I don't see Cerrone overcoming that reach and Diaz's ability to work the angles. I'm hoping for Cerrone to pull out the upset though.

Alexander Gustafsson vs Vladimir Matyushenko
Really this one could go either way as both have strengths and weaknesses that pretty much cancel the other out. I'm giving this one to Gustafsson though on account of his age and high level of boxing skills.

Johny Hendricks vs Jon Fitch
Fitch is an underrated fighter IMO that has some really great skills and I think can outlast and out-hustle Hendricks. This has a good chance of getting a fight of the night nod methinks.

Nam Phan vs Jim Hettes
Still riding his win over Garcia gives Nam the edge in this one. The guy has some serious edge to him as well. 3 fights in 6 months... impressive

The rest of the card plays out like this IMO

Junior Assuncao vs Ross Pearson
Danny Castillo vs Anthony Njokuani
Dong Hyun Kim vs Sean Pierson
Efrain Escudero vs Jacob Volkmann
Manny Gamburyan vs Diego Nunes
[Reply]
goalie204 08:00 AM 01-02-2012
decent card
[Reply]
Ken 02:07 PM 01-24-2012
Don't forget about the Fox 2 this Saturday night. Should be a great free card.

Rashad vs Davis
Sonnen vs Bisping
Maia vs Weidman
and Joey Beltran is on there too!
[Reply]
the nub 02:33 PM 01-24-2012
Originally Posted by Ken:
Don't forget about the Fox 2 this Saturday night. Should be a great free card.

Rashad vs Davis
Sonnen vs Bisping
Maia vs Weidman
and Joey Beltran is on there too!
thanks for the reminder. Not a bad card. I think Bisping replacing Munoz will be a more interesting fight.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 04:45 PM 01-24-2012
Sonnen via lay and pray decision.
[Reply]
Ken 06:41 AM 01-25-2012
Originally Posted by the nub:
thanks for the reminder. Not a bad card. I think Bisping replacing Munoz will be a more interesting fight.
I thought it was a good fight before, but I agree that it just got more interesting with Bisping. As much I do not like him, Bisping shows good skills and great poise in the cage. And it is time to see if hes just going to be a gate keeper or prove he can handle the upper tier fighers.

Originally Posted by :
Sonnen via lay and pray decision.
It's been a while since I've seen Sonnen 'lay & pray'. He may not have big KO power to finish a lot of fights but when he gets on people he works and tries to pound then into the mat.
[Reply]
Page 76 of 78
« First < 2666747576 7778 >
Up