Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>help with fishing gear present
cigarmonkel 03:21 PM 02-13-2014
So my family friend needs to get her boyfriend a valentines day present. I said being a guy (and I'm not speaking for all guys but me at least and know him, him as well) we don't care too much about teddy bears boxes of chocolates and such. So i suggested to get him something for fishing since hes a big time fishing guy. I was wondering what kind stuff to get him? I have no clue what his step ups are I know he does a lot of small mouth bass fishing in ponds. Any help would be much appreciated!

edit: he does ice fishing as well
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 03:46 PM 02-13-2014
If he does ice fishing then a good bottle of bourbon would be a great gift. :-)
[Reply]
cigarmonkel 03:47 PM 02-13-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
:-) i like the way you think!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 01:12 AM 02-14-2014
Depending on how much she wants to spend she could get him a new rod, reel, or both. I always find myself wanting another rod and reel. Otherwise you could get some lures. Squarebill crank baits are huge right now and are deadly for largemouth, a couple bags of tubes along with Texas rig work hooks would be great for smallmouth. Plenty of options out there. Now I'm wishing I was bass fishing!
[Reply]
mahtofire14 01:15 AM 02-14-2014
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
Add a pipe or cigar and that's exactly how I know how to ice fish.
[Reply]
mikesr1963 06:14 AM 02-14-2014
Look to see if you have a Cabella's, Bass Pro Shop, Dick's, or a Gander Mountain near by. If so, Give a him a cigar wrapped with gift card to one of those shops. Also, Bass Pro Shops have a hell of a restaurant, make it an evening.
[Reply]
Up