Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My coolider project
Newbie_nick 05:14 AM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by Remo_5_0:
Between you and Garry posting empty cooler pics, I can see alot of carnage flying around soon :-)
:-)

I give up, I give up! Have mercy!
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 05:19 AM 09-24-2011
Ok all, I checked on the humidity in the coolidor and my humidor this morning, and both were running around 73% even though I have 65% beads. Do you think that I put too much water into the beads? How should I remedy this?
[Reply]
lawrand 07:39 AM 09-24-2011
I'd give it a couple of days to season (at least as much as plastic can season...) and settle in. It will adjust shortly.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:47 AM 09-24-2011
Same thing on mine.. Way high this morning.. But I am heading out to buy some boxes.
[Reply]
cort 08:59 AM 09-24-2011
Looks like a great start buddy. Have fun filling her up.
[Reply]
T.G 09:14 AM 09-24-2011
I had two of those Igloo Island Breeze coolers, both leaked pretty badly, I was always having to add water to the humidification. Seemed like every 2-3 weeks.

Ended up going back to Rubbermaid Victory coolers which seal so well that they hardly ever need water added. Same cigars, same humidifiers, only have to add water to them 2-3 times a year.

Hope you have better luck with the Island Breeze (or you can find your receipt).

The Island Breezes do a good job of keep food cold though, once I got the tobacco smell out of them...
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:16 AM 09-24-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
I had two of those Igloo Island Breeze coolers, both leaked pretty badly, I was always having to add water to the humidification. Seemed like every 2-3 weeks.

Ended up going back to Rubbermaid Victory coolers which seal so well that they hardly ever need water added. Same cigars, same humidifiers, only have to add water to them 2-3 times a year.

Hope you have better luck with the Island Breeze (or you can find your receipt).

The Island Breezes do a good job of keep food cold though, once I got the tobacco smell out of them...
Sweet, Mine is a Rubbermaid. Not sure what model.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 09:30 AM 09-25-2011
Update...

I looked at my coolidor and humidor, and both had fairly high humidity. Looking at the beads, they were entirely clear which means they were full of water. Honestly, I think that I put too much water into them when I put everything together on Friday. To remedy it, I've propped open the cooler and humidor and will let the humidity bleed off over the next day or so.

More to come!
[Reply]
WittyUserName 09:48 AM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by Newbie_nick:
Update...

I looked at my coolidor and humidor, and both had fairly high humidity. Looking at the beads, they were entirely clear which means they were full of water. Honestly, I think that I put too much water into them when I put everything together on Friday. To remedy it, I've propped open the cooler and humidor and will let the humidity bleed off over the next day or so.

More to come!
Depending on what beads you are using, you can throw them in the fridge and that will suck some of the moisture out of the beads.
[Reply]
lawrand 10:19 AM 09-25-2011
I think I read on one of the bead sites that you can use a hairdryer on them as well. Don't take me word for it though cuz my memory ain't what it used to be.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 11:47 AM 09-25-2011
Thanks for the suggestion on drying out the beads. I might look at some of the beads websites and see what I can find. Right now, I've got both propped open to dry out a bit, and I'm inspecting them twice a day.
[Reply]
longknocker 11:50 AM 09-25-2011
Originally Posted by Newbie_nick:
Thanks for the suggestion on drying out the beads. I might look at some of the beads websites and see what I can find. Right now, I've got both propped open to dry out a bit, and I'm inspecting them twice a day.
I Would Try That Route First. Shilala May Be Able To Help If You PM Him.:-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:22 PM 09-28-2011
I used the heartfelt beds.. 65.. Works GREAT. I only have 3 wooden boxes right now.. And they are over flowing already. I think I may need about 5 more boxes and some sort of fan.
[Reply]
falconman515 01:27 AM 09-30-2011
If my Wineador fills up one of these days or I start getting boxes I'm gonna have to do something like this myself
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 05:30 AM 12-18-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
That space won't be empty for long. :-)
Truer words were never spoken, Mac. I came home from an event at my local B&M yesterday, and as I unloaded my treasures, I realized that my coolidor is just about full now! I started with 2 partial boxes and now I have 8 FULL boxes. I have a little bit of room to grow, but I'm just about out of space! :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up