Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What do you guys think of this humidor?
Sonic04GT 09:35 PM 12-29-2011

Guy is asking $40

Originally Posted by :
this is a humidifier that i've had in storage for several years now. It is large but I do not know how many cigars it can hold. It is in fantastic condition. a couple tiny marks on the lid. Smells brand new (cedar wood). will make a great gift for a cigar smoker

[Reply]
Emjaysmash 09:50 PM 12-29-2011
Looks cool! I would replace the foam with beads, however. Also, make sure it has a good seal.
[Reply]
ysr_racer 11:51 PM 12-29-2011
How bad can it be for $40 ?
[Reply]
icehog3 01:47 AM 12-30-2011
If the seal is good it might be a winner.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 02:08 AM 12-30-2011
Looks defective, the dividers were put on upside down.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 02:37 AM 12-30-2011
me no likey the hinge.
[Reply]
Taki 05:36 AM 12-30-2011
Not bad and for $40 I'd just buy it and take a shot....although I agree with Justin, I dont know if I like the hinge???
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:10 AM 12-30-2011
Like Tom said...if the seal is good...you got yourself a winner. :-)
[Reply]
SteelCityBoy 06:13 AM 12-30-2011
Nice looking humi! For the price I don't think you can go wrong as long as the things seals tight! :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 06:22 AM 12-30-2011
I like the deviders, but not sure in the hinge is counter sunk?!
For $40 I say get it, worst case it will be a nice box for something else!
[Reply]
Parshooter 06:38 AM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Looks defective, the dividers were put on upside down.
No, they are like that so humidity can circulate under the dividers also :-)
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 09:29 AM 12-30-2011
Not sure how I never noticed that hinge. Not a fan of it either but for the price it's negligible.

Emailed him to try to get more detailed pics. It's about 20-25 mins away. Money's a little tight right now and although I can afford it, I don't want to be stuck with something I can't use.

On the other hand, my 50ct is full and has been limiting my purchases in that fashion since I don't have the self-control to do it myself hahaha

[Reply]
T.G 09:51 AM 12-30-2011
There's nothing functionally wrong with piano hinges, just a little unattractive maybe, but quite durable. Between the size, hinge, infinitely adjustable dividers, logos and clasp latch, it kind of looks like it might have been one of the old countertop sales humidors sent out to shops by General Cigar in the past. These were typically pretty solid humidors, but were a bit more about function over form.

Regardless, for $40, it's certainly worth a look, and, if the seal is good and you can live with the retail aspects, probably a pretty good deal.
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:19 AM 12-30-2011
Originally Posted by T.G:
There's nothing functionally wrong with piano hinges, just a little unattractive maybe, but quite durable. Between the size, hinge, infinitely adjustable dividers, logos and clasp latch, it kind of looks like it might have been one of the old countertop sales humidors sent out to shops by General Cigar in the past. These were typically pretty solid humidors, but were a bit more about function over form.

Regardless, for $40, it's certainly worth a look, and, if the seal is good and you can live with the retail aspects, probably a pretty good deal.

T.G is wise!
[Reply]
Up