Accessory Discussion / Reviews>boveda? for tupperdor
Titus13 06:20 PM 12-26-2011
hi guys I am thinking of using a boveda humidity pack for my tupperdor
it says 1 packet for every fifthy cigars plus 1 for the humidor question
since I am using a rubbermaid container should I still be using second
packet? thanks
[Reply]
Volusianator 06:21 PM 12-26-2011
No, just be sure to season that Tupperdor for a week before you put your cigars in it.
[Reply]
Remo 06:21 PM 12-26-2011
I don't think you need 2, one should be fine for a sealed tupperdor.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 09:09 PM 12-26-2011
How big is the rubbermaid container?

Most likely one should be enough if it seals well. That is assuming you are using the full size packet and not one of the small ones that vendors sometimes use for shipping.

Also, I have never heard of seasoning a piece of plastic, maybe that was a joke. :-)

If the container seals well and you do not open it that often, I have had a Boveda packet last over two years in a piece of Tupperware.
[Reply]
Titus13 10:02 PM 12-26-2011
Originally Posted by Volusianator:
No, just be sure to season that Tupperdor for a week before you put your cigars in it.
season a piece of plastic? you must be joking
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 12:44 AM 12-27-2011
You wouldn't season the plastic, but from your opther thread you had said you wanted to put a cedar tray in to it. I would put the packet and tray into the tupperdor and leave it there for a week, just so they tray can be seasoned. After that, you should be good to go!
[Reply]
dom1n8r 01:56 AM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
You wouldn't season the plastic, but from your opther thread you had said you wanted to put a cedar tray in to it. I would put the packet and tray into the tupperdor and leave it there for a week, just so they tray can be seasoned. After that, you should be good to go!
I was using a Tupperdor in Afghanistan until I was gifted a humidor by a buddy, it was a "Lock & Lock" brand case that could hold about 40 cigars and just one Boveda (69%), with absolutely no issues. The case has gaskets that seal around the edges and works like a charm...I would open the case at least once a week to prevent "too much" humidity build-up. Here's the one to give you an idea of the size (16.2 version):

http://www.amazon.com/Lock-Rectangul...975906&sr=8-19

D
[Reply]
ysr_racer 07:28 PM 12-28-2011
Originally Posted by Titus13:
season a piece of plastic? you must be joking
I let mine "off gas" for a few days. Does that count?
[Reply]
Up